What is this?

Found this attached to the return air side of the furnace. Has water plumbing attached. Looks like some type of air/filter cleaner. Never seen one before. Made by Lennox. Thanks

Looks like the remnants of an electronic air cleaner with an automatic wash system. It was, in its time, the top of the line system. It would, on a timer, spray wash the cells. Very old. It has been disabled. In my opinion.

Thanks Stewart. That would make sense. Yes it has been disabled and you can tell parts are missing. It peaked my interest as I have never seen one before.