When were panels not allowed in clothes closets?

James,

Their are only (2) posts where I attempted to give a different view to explain something…BUT I am flamed for it…ALL my other 600+ posts on here simply educate…I TWICE simply tried to explain a reason why something may be allowed…Because a members asked…

I repeat…I did not POST ways to get around any code…was simply explaining to a question by a member…

BUT you can rest assured…I sure wont impart personal experiences on NACHI any longer…Simply NOT worth it.

I again post (2) responses to direct questions asked and I get labeled someone who looks to get around code…because someone I wont name SPINS it that way…

I most certainly don’t need this crap…So someone else can handle it :slight_smile:

Paul not sure what just happened but just so you know…guys like me just read around smart posts and find the little nuggets…please dont stop being who you are…thank you for your posts!

James:

OK, and I agree:

Is a panelboard installed inside of, or behind a medicine cabinet with no working space in front a defect or not?

How would you report that defect?

Paul, maybe there was only twice you took that route, I’ve seen more than two threads with bickering and made an assumption that was the basis for the argument. Sorry if that ASSumtion was wrong. It’s great to have both you and Joe on this discussion board and it seems like you both like helping to educate HI’s, in that sense you’re both very valuable resources. For the sake of this board I hope you can both continue to advise and teach.
Joe, you both agreed at some point in the thread that panel was a violation of the stated articles.

can anyone find a reference to the description of a clothes closet? I inspected a subpanel yesterday in a very large master bedroom closet.

So we are dragging up 9 year old threads.

good grief

Start a new one.

I agree, but here’s the answer straight from the NEC Article 100, Definitions:

Thanks Robert, it was a long thread, looking for a simple answer. I found myself looking for your name as you always provide a good and concise answer.