wiring types 4 point Citizens rejects

It has happened to others. The wind mit issue happened to me last week. Resolved.
In your case, the question asked was moot:

The form doesn’t ask for nail size.

As for the four-point, if they need something else, I usually have it. We had one, from citizens, where they wanted signatures from the client and myself, in ink.
I had the agent e mail me the one copy where the client had signed it, then I signed it, scanned it, and sent it to the agent, all while on the phone with him.

It is much easier to give them what they want then to fight it. Everytime you have to feild a call or respond to an email it is taking time away from doing another inspection. Like Eric said the wind mit form does not ask for nails size on the 2 nail per board part, and the reinspection companies actually didnt require it either but I include it in every inspection to eliminate a hassel.

It is one thing to miss the truss with plywood, but a six inch wide piece of wood? :mrgreen:
I did have one agent call me about four inch wide decking. I pointed him to the picture of the decking and that it was labeled, “1 x 4 inch tongue and groove”, because I include a picture of the decking in all of my wind mits.
I then referred him back to the question and pointed out that only one nail was required. I then asked him, “How do you think the decking is being held to the trusses”? He said “Oh”.

It is why these insurance inspections need a standardized form. If pictures are required, then, they should be slotted and part of the form. I know, standardized forms will just make it so everyone is doing the same inspections and it will be a matter of price. Tell it to the guys charging $55.00 for a wind mit and $30.00 for a four-point/roof cert. :roll:

when they used T&G there was also a cooler of beer on every job…

Fred! My Man! How the heck are ya?

Your over there doing reports in John’s name again aren’t you? Got a phone call last week that his signature and license no. showed up on the West Coast! LOL :slight_smile:

Doing Great Girl! …Yea I got John signature down pat let me know if you ever need it fore anything :wink:

As a courtesy, I include the Citizens form as well as the NACHI form with each 4 Point. The following link is for a fillable Citizens form. You can also digitally sign the form, however Citizens will only accept an ink signature.
http://www.magnuminspections.com/PDF/Citizens_four-Pointx.pdf

W****HY.****

Just so everyone knows, this is a fillable form that I did quickly with no modifications to the original. Use at your own risk!

The problem is with these idiots at citizens is they completely make it up as they go. It is completely different depending on who you are getting answers from.

Most agents do not have the balls to ask for a supervisor and just ask us for their asinine ideas. Most inspectors do it to “give them whatever they ask for” to avoid the hassle. I even did it last week. My broken foot must have made me soft :frowning:

In reality if none of us did the stupid stuff they would get the point but no one is willing to do it :frowning:

Tried that… it didn’t work.

Citizens accepts my digital signature ---- Have never had one returned