WTF Picture of the Day

But officer, they sold it at Home Despot.

3 Likes

Does that even drain?

3 Likes

It’s a “Habitrail” you just can’t see that pesky hamster.

2 Likes

Tell me you have a condensation leak, without telling me you have a condensation leak.

6 Likes

Salt and pepper style roof plumbing stack vent. Most of them were like this:

I think this was the salt version. Apparently original to the building construction date as far as I can tell: 1965. While I saw nothing amiss, the maintenance records showed slow drain issues. I would expect these to be less effective than standard open vents, or those with a little hat style rain cover.

Anyway, better than this one, the kids baking soda volcano style:

3 Likes

Roof tear off. I lost count:

No, they are not just stacked there because of the demolition. Those are all nailed in place, with the nails on the top layer not long enough to each reach the wood below. And as a bonus, the roof access ladder was bolted to the shingles only.

3 Likes

The more you look, the worse it gets…

4 Likes

I see one thing I always appreciate in a crawlspace…a vapor barrier because I dislike crawling thru the dirt. One downside, there is always those one or two sharp rocks under the vapor barrier you can’t see that somehow hits a tender spot :wink:

2 Likes

I appreciate your ability to see the positive among all the negative lol

2 Likes

Usually somewhere in the kneecap for me. Luckily we don’t have too many crawls in my area. :pray:

1 Like

Haha. This car freshener says ‘odor eliminator’… great, let’s try it!

Oh, wait… what does the asterisk mean? Oh, It only eliminates the ‘perception of odor’! Ha!

That’s like buying the bottle of orange juice that says 100% juice, until you realize it says ‘from concentrate’? Lies!

2 Likes

In other words, its fragrance is stronger than the rotting french fries under the seat!

2 Likes

Famous realtor ‘quote of the day’
(maybe this should be a new thread)
After coming down from this roof, the realtor asked how it looked. “Well, it appears to be at least 25 years old, and should be replaced very soon. Major granule loss, brittle edges, and tar repairs everywhere”…
To which she replied, “Well, there are no leaks anywhere, so it’s fine!”…
(Yeah, whatever you say genius, I guess I dont need to report on it then…) :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Honey, WTF is that funky odor I get everytime I open the kitchen window?

9 Likes

I love that sanitary tee too! :rofl:

2 Likes

Kevin, I just had a similar scenario. The home owner will enjoy their mountain views and mountain air on their lovely multi-level deck.

2 Likes

Deck support post retaining wall combo

6 Likes

Efficient and smart. :+1: :pray: :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, this post has no home…but wtf fit it best!

7 Likes

And snakes

3 Likes