WTF Picture of the Day

Prime and paint the ply?

It is coated cedar wood, Bryce…

1 Like

Digging into some rot today from an improperly flashed and fastened ledger board. Enjoy.

6 Likes

Do your best, caulk the rest.

6 Likes

Let me out!

2 Likes

Today’s inspection involved these well protected detectors.

(no work had been done recently)

Former Colgate toothpaste factory (commercial).

?.. … …

1 Like

I have never seen this before. Two separate window assemblies installed. This was done in all three bedrooms but nowhere else in the home. Getting the “exterior” one unlocked and open was a real PIA!

6 Likes

Not really a WTF, but I’ve heard of these before, just never seen one in the wild, lol.

3 Likes

12,000---

1 Like

That’s it. Good chance something you put in your mouth went through that particular mixer.

Looks good. If well air sealed, that’s probably better than having a skylight plus an attic hatch separate. And it doubles as an attic light. Do you see a vendor / model number on it?

1 Like

It was labeled in the fixture but I don’t recall who the manufacture was and didn’t take pictures of the tag. I knew right away it was designed for this purpose so wasn’t too concerned about it.

Why I check detectors and alarms, regardless of what the SOP says:

Unless I’m wrong and that red wire end is actually conductive, this was not going to work.

https://forum.nachi.org/t/why-i-test-smoke-detectors-nachi-sop/209876/51

Make and model?

squirrel.

1 Like

That’s a generic BRK/First Alert harness. I doubt I looked at the model number. The installer was supposed to strip the little red insulator off the red wire.