InterNACHI’s free, online “10 Steps to Performing a Roof Inspection”](http://www.nachi.org/roof-inspection.htm) video course.
After successful completion of this training video, the student will be able to:
- performing an inspection of a residential roof system;
- verify the installation of the roof covering and underlayment follows common building practices or the general recommendations of most roof covering manufacturers; and
- confirm that the installation of the roof covering is such that water intrusion will be prevented.
Because more than three-quarters of all homes use asphalt roof shingles, this course focuses primarily on that type of roof.
**Topics include: **
- visual-only inspection techniques;
- inspection tips;
- narratives and disclaimers;
- roof covering materials;
- asphalt shingles;
- deck sheathing;
- ice barriers;
- drip edges;
- offset patterns;
- roof valleys;
- nail penetration; and