100 Pennsylvania inspections ( Pittsburgh Area)

This is not addressed in other states that require 100 inspections prior to applying for a license or a certificate or a whatever. Somehow others are finding a solution where you cannot.

7506 (3)

The inspector signing your reports need not be in PA. That means you literally have tens of thousands of potential options.

2 Likes

What a stupid law.

2 Likes

I agree. Forcing someone to do 100 before becoming licensed is ridiculous.

1 Like

There should at least be an alternate option of passing the national exam and 10 ride-alongs.

1 Like

It’s kind of like the requirements in MN to become a licensed real estate appraiser. You must work under a currently licensed appraiser for 1000 to 1500 hours, depending on the type of license you want. That works out great for those already in the business, lol.

1 Like

the 100 inspections is required to get licensed to be a home inspector, however you can do inspections without any lic or cert. in pa and get paid, then once you get 100 under you you may then use them to get licensed , its not needed from what i have seen but it does look better to people that may want to hire you

3 Likes

So from my understanding, it would be okay to start a business. On the smaller side, to obtain those first 100 inspections. After completing all the course work. During those 1st 100, would I still need an inspector to sign off on the final report in the same state of PA?

Do you know if my 100 inspections as a NY Licensed Home inspector will count towards that PA total?

TIA

Did you ever get an answer?

Email me altura1787@gmail.com

With all due respect, that info is incorrect. PA law requires full membership to an org like InterNACHI.

My post was 2+ years ago.
Was that PAs requirement back when I made my post?
Perhaps your post should say… “PA law CURRENTLY requires…”!

PA has always required membership in an approved national Home Inspection organization. So you were wrong 2.5 years ago and nothing’s changed. I live less than 50 miles from the PA / MD border.