2-Day Commercial Inspection Training Special Event

And as if all those reasons that www.nachi.org/comsop.htm is so dominant, isn’t enough… there’s more coming. Now that I’ve been getting InterNACHI approved as a school for real estate agents everywhere… you can all probably guess what approved course is coming down the pike for commercial real estate brokers (who have all the commercial property buyers).

Oooh, I can’t wait. What about CA approvals?

California approval is coming soon. The state made us jump through all sort of hoops including setting up a registered agent in California.

I already mined all the California commercial brokers to market to them. The commercial course for commercial brokers will also be online and free, and of course teach commercial brokers how to find a qualified commercial property inspector. :wink:

And so did we. :wink:

The thing I learned is that the target student is an existing commercial inspector, not a home inspector thinking about going into commercial inspections.

Now for me, my list of existing commercial inspectors (to market a commercial inspection course to) all come from ComInspect, and they all use www.nachi.org/comsop.htm It is really difficult to convince someone to pay for a course if they think that course is based on an outdated SOP. You can’t teach new dogs old tricks.

It would be like trying to pack a class that teaches Home Inspector Pro or HomeGauge users how to write an inspection report using WORD or on 3-part NCR forms. No one is going to register.

Ask Dale. His explanation will be neither thornberried or nachified. :wink:

I’m sure. In fact what I remember of Dale’s explanation a year or so ago was a little different then what Nick stated today.

I remember that same explanation. I believe it, too.

And that was? I’m always interested in listening to other’s theories about why something fails. I’ll learn from anyone.

My explanation is that the only people who register for commercial inspection courses are existing commercial inspectors (not home inspectors wanting to get into commercial inspectors)… and commercial inspectors don’t want to pay for a course based on an outdated ATSM SOP any more than home inspectors who use HIP or HG want to pay for a report writing course based on 3-part NCR forms.

You can’t teach new dogs old tricks.

Was just notified by email from Nick that I am being expelled for calling Comsop a gimmick.

Oh, well … :roll:

Oh my. Things sure have changed around here over the last year or two.

Ya think? :wink:

Not much I can do there. Your fellow members can read the COE and want you to stop. And it isn’t just a handful of complaints. You’re the one that complains so much about COE enforcement. Kind of ironic, huh?

You asked me to resign my membership … and I did, effectively immediately. What is taking you so long to flip the switch? That was hours ago.

Daily hit quota not met? :wink:

Sad to see Jim leave he is one who had much knowledge and loved to share it with all.
All the best Jim Thanks … Roy C

But most of it was wrong headed he did more harm to this org than any 5 people I can name!!!

I disagree. I think Jim helps keep Nachi on it’s toes, and above the board as much as possible.

Your entitled to your opinion but we will just have to agree to disagree

Jim is the Yin to Nick’s Yang, Alpha to Omega, smiley-face to frowny-face, you get the idea. Jim is a great devil’s advocate and debater that sheds the appropriate light on controversial topics. I’d like to see them meet in the middle and for Jim to stay active on the message board. Many of us no longer post much on the board but we do keep an eye on it, many times just to see whose chops JB is busting.