21 Things Every Home Inspector Should Know, book out.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A new book by Frank Cook and Pat Remick titled “21 Things Every Home Inspector Should Know,” published by Dearborn mentions NACHI many times and is very flattering to NACHI icon_biggrin.gif .

Last year we granted them written permission to use what they like from our website. I had forgotten about it until I received my complimentary copy today.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.ebscobooks.com/books/ProductDetails.asp?CatalogID=6367362

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

Could be interesting, but @ $25 for a short book with no description or reviews, they may want to expand upon that listing - - -

Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

"Check your state laws" ??????? Isn't that what NAHI is supposed to be doing? The book should have just said that if you see a NAHI logo...run. NAHI inspectors are probably doing something illegal. Run to an ASHI or NACHI inspector.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

I love this book!

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

You must’ve been pretty good at Book Reports, Nick!

Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: ekartal

gromicko wrote:
Authors take a shot a NAHI, the organization that permits their USInspect members to pay REALTORs to steer their clients away from the best inspectors, something both ASHI & NACHI prohibit.

Nick,
I know dozens of NAHI inspectors. Some are personal friends and others are inspectors that have recently left - to be entirely association free ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif). None of them agree with this USInspect conspiracy that keeps poppin' up. Do you have documentation of this or is it a personal suspicion?

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: eporter

There is no documentation. Nick is full of his usual crap. Feel free to contact Pete Cook at USInspect, or Mallory Anderson at NAHI for the TRUTH, which is something Nick knows very little about.

------------------------------------------------

“Inspecting this home like I’m buying it myself.”

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Ed…

Thanks for reminding me of the guy who came to our NY meeting. Pete Cook from USInspect.

Right before USInspect joined NAHI.

While I dont agree with Nick's analogy, as there are some damned good NAHI inspectors out there, there have been strong allegations that NAHI's COE was, indeed, watered down after USInspect came on board. MAybe the authors know something we dont?

I'd ask them ( the authors) their source, since you dont believe Nick ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: eporter

Mr. Farsetta,

During the last NAHI conference, I talked at length with the B.O.D. about this. THAT is my reason for posting in defense of them, and encourage others to do the same.

------------------------------------------------

“Inspecting this home like I’m buying it myself.”

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Are any BOD members of NAHI now USINspect employees or agents, or were any of their businesses/ kids businesses/spouses businesses, either sold/leased/rented/borrowed to or by USInspect, as Nick has alleged?

Was that specific question asked? Are any of them consultants/trainers/volunteers for USInspect?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Nick,

I would appreciate it if you could limit your comments to US Inspect and NAHI, as businesses and associations, without remarking on individual inspectors. We have NACHI members who belong to a variety of associations who are fine people and excellent home inspectors.

Because there is a loophole or ambiguity in my association's charter does not necessarily compel me to exploit it.

For instance, NACHI bashers love to point to our exam as being relatively easier than other associations. From that opinion, they wrongfully conclude that ALL NACHI inspectors are unable to pass other exams. Think of how ridiculous of a conclusion that is, then re-read your post. I think you will agree with me.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

this issue (which effects all of us to some degree).

And as per Jim's request... this is my last comment on the subject on the message board, unless asked.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.