24 inch oc engineered lumber floor joist

Nice idea. When ready I will introduce it into my marketing plan. Good work.
I still have to find engineers to work with me and network all the trades etc. I have started. Nice idea Russel. Professional and expands ones capabilities and learning…:slight_smile:

Is it me or are the eng. joists different in size. Need more numbers and specs. As Mr.P.Russell said. Extra work if you want it. Good money and god learning-tool.

Robert, In my area an engineer will charge anywhere from $750.00-$1000.00. I can consult for half that. By doing the investigative work, contact the AHJ first, was it approved? where are the plans, next find out who is the local distributer, give them the length and span.
If they haven’t been approved by the AHJ or have not been installed to the MFG instructions then it’s wrong.
This isn’t for everyone but I do some litigation work and post construction advise so I’m use to doing the leg work, 26 years as a general contractor helps too.

By copying the information imprinted on the joist and a few field measurements, the information needed can be obtained via internet.

Span and Spacing Tables for Manufactured Joists is obtainable from the Manufacturer.

PE and/or RA is generally not needed.