600 AMP Service. Use CAUTION!

No Correction needed , Please show me where I said voltage kills .
But voltage is required to over come the resistance of the body .
I did say a person can get killed with as little 26 volts to push the current .
Many think 120 volts is not dangerous .
All electricity is Dangerous I saw a person who had a lost his ring finger when it got caught between a 12 volt car battery and the frame .

In Quebec there are only 2 trades that can act as a ( GC ) general contractor. Why because they deal with every part of the structure.
I have always respected them as the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE.
Why, because the elements they deal with can kill a home owners and
you !
Call it out if you do not have the experience YET.
JMO.
Shadow an electrician. Make friends with trades men. Most are proud of what they do and want to inform you.
Mr. Cooke’s " [size=3].If in doubt call it out ." Should be on every InterNACHI’S inspectors mind. Its called limitations in your report writing and may save you your insurance premiums from going up. More importantly ( save your life or the ocupents within the home)
JMO…
[/size]

Roy…Yes, I new a person who lost a eye with a 12 volt car battery when connecting jumper cables in a similar situation you described. I’ve always enjoyed working around electrictry (sounds like you do too)… from the time I was a child I learned to respect it when my father had me bending pipe and pulling wire when I was 7…and It was fun!:smiley:

I almost lost a finger from doing Automotive work on a battery and one other suprise I received was a burn from leaving 9 volt batteries with change in my pocket. If you dare try it and see what happens.
Yes every inspector should have respect for all electrical period.

This is from another electrical post.
Thought it would fit in nicely.
By pabernathy:)
There are thresholds of tolerance everyone has based on skin resistance and so on. However, it only takes between 5-10 mA of current to make your day rather sucky. The issue is not that it electrocutes you…once you make contact with the current your body reacts to the current. Lets say you grab onto it in some fashion say via a conduit or what not. Your body begins to sweat and this lowers your skin contact resistance. So you lower your skin resistance you increase the current imposed onto the skin and thus the effects of the current multiply, the frequency of the 60Hz is very close to the brains signal frequency and you start to reach that “No Let Go” stage and you just cant let go…the skin contact drops, the amount of current increases due to the resistance drop and then your heart begins to go into a erratic fibrillation. You actually due from the fact your heart is not pumping blood properly to the brain and so on…this is how you die in most electrically related deaths to homeowners and tradesmen in typical day to day activity.

In a typical 15A circuit you have the potential to kill someone many times over…if they are grounded right (I link bonded right better). I ask electricians all the time in seminars…“how many of you have been shocked?” and of course you know the responses I get. Getting shocked is a unacceptable consequence to working with electricity…if you do what you are supposed to do and follow the proper safety procedures you will not get shocked. There is no logical reason ( under normal conditions ) you should work on anything energized.
From mother INACHI member.
Paul. Sorry forgat the last name.
I thought it would fit right in.

I hear electricians say…well I work on a switch that is live and I am careful. I then ask why did you work on it live and never get a response that is logical…I get that they are lazy a lot of times but not logical.

Ok… my solution for you is this…it would be very very rare for anything in a circuit breaker to cause what you are reporting. My guess is that it is in the device (receptacle). locate the circuit supplying that set of receptacles, in the panel using a voltage meter (using proper safety methods) test the output of the breaker on that circuit from the ungrounded terminal on the breaker to the grounded(neutral) terminal buss and see if you read 120V Nominal ( nominal meaning 118V to 125V lets say ).

Other than that…we would need some additional details.

I always use the example for voltage versus amps using a baseball bat.

Voltage is the size of the bat and amperage is how hard you swing it. This seems to soak in to most of my clients.

Nice Thanks … Roy

I love it! LOL