A curious question - How many inspectors have a CCW permit and carry?

I’m happy for you and yours, Charley! :smile:

Maybe you can PM me your landline. My little brother moved to Hungry Horse, MT and I may visit him…I’d be cursing right near you. Could buy you and Vi dinner.

I definitely carried yesterday. The house was right in the center of where a manhunt was going on for a fugitive who shot a police officer. It was in Dalton, GA. There was constant police activity but I was certainly watchful when I was on the roof and going in and out of the crawl space.

2 Likes

Good to hear from you again, Charley! We were afraid something bad had happened… like you hadn’t found anyone to give a hard time! :wink:

I’m trying to imagine firing a large caliber handgun in a small crawlspace with concrete foundation walls. :flushed:
Beats getting fired AT by a large caliber handgun in a small crawlspace with concrete foundation walls, though.

I wasn’t worried about anyone coming in after me, but when I was vulnerable while putting suit on and taking it off. The one I took that day was just a small .380 so not quite as many ricochet cycles. :grinning:

I’ve only been inspecting for 6 months and have already felt the need to have protection twice. I did a foreclosure for an investor yesterday and people had been squatting. Had to clear all the rooms like a cop before I could inspect. I won’t do that again without my 9mm.

1 Like

I would not do that! lol

3 Likes

Just found this thread! I’m a new inspector and have a permit, but my question is, how do you physically carry with all your other tools, without being encumbered? What’s your belt/ setup? Is there a holster you recommend?

Perhaps I’m carrying too many tools in general, so maybe I could use some ideas on how the carry (everything) more efficiently. I’m very open to suggestions.

No holster needed with an AK 47…LOL!

2 Likes

And I’ll just put a flashlight on the end since I’m usually holding one anyway. Problem solved! :joy::joy:

1 Like

19,426.59 as of 11/4/2022

1 Like

The SEARCH feature is your friend!

https://forum.nachi.org/search?q=tool%20belt

1 Like

Yeah that’s how I found this. Thanks I guess

I’ve written and posted pics of what I use many times in the last year.
I don’t have time to dig for you.
Good luck.