A curious question - How many inspectors have a CCW permit and carry?

Just curious. How many inspectors out there have permits and actually carry?

Thanks in advance.

Not allowed in Canada, we have one of the strictest gun laws in the world. Why would a home inspector carry a firm arm.

2 Likes

Carry on the job, or just generally?

I have a permit and I always carry.

7 Likes

Because it is attached to them! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I was in a nasty section of Riviera Beach 4 years ago.
Noticed a few big guys yelling slurs at me from the porch across the street. Didn’t know I was a maggot.

I entered via lock box & did the inspection.
Upon completion I put my gear back in the car. My mistake was NOT being aware what was around me, that was dumb.
I got hit on the back. I turned around & this big guy said “hey son you got any money I can hold on to?” I responded get lost & finished putting things back.
He whacked me again & said “I don’t think you understand what I mean son”. Pulled his t-shirt up & put his hand on this Crocodile Dundee knife.
My training & the adrenaline rush kicked in.
Took 2 steps back raised my hands & said I don’t want any trouble I’ve got money in my wallet. It was a wallet holster with a Ruger LCP in it.
They turned their backs on me & walked away saying they’re coming back with a gun.
I said hurry up I’m waiting. Got in the car & took off.
If I called the cops it would’ve been he said she said & I would be detained while they check my piece to be sure it wasn’t stolen or something.
So… … yes I legally carry. :cowboy_hat_face:
It should never happen to you.

7 Likes

I had kicked it around for a few years and never did anything. This summer there have been squatters breaking into and living in unoccupied listings. On an abandoned 10 plex I was inspecting, someone ran out the back door as I was going in the front. They were using it for cooking meth.

My mandatory CCW class is tomorrow night and I should have my permit in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Because they don’t want to become a statistic

2 Likes

I also have a permit and always carry.

4 Likes

This is my preferred carry for problems.

3 Likes

My wife thinks I have enough guns for a small army, but I am not a gun guy. They are just tools to me, even if I have a few favorite tools. I have never carried. I don’t have anything against it and understand why some do. I accept that I may someday regret not carrying. Many years ago my wife was faced off with an intruder in the kitchen with her shotgun (a retired police squad car Rem 870 12ga with a 16" barrel) pointed at him. He said, “You aren’t going to shoot me little lady” and took a step toward her. He was wrong. Interestingly, she doesn’t carry either.

6 Likes

I would like to know more of this cliff hanger of a story.

2 Likes

I’m assuming it ends with a bang.

2 Likes

Evil doesn’t make an appointment

3 Likes

Haha! Tell us more, tell us more! :smiley:

3 Likes

God bless America. You guys need it big time.

1 Like

I think a lot of inspectors have CCW and carry firearms. I’m curious how many carry silenced machine pistols like the Mac-10, Heckler & Koch, Sig MPX, the Walther MP or say a UZI

Why stop there? I plan to carry a Gatlin or Howitzer.

1 Like

10 Likes

Great photo and caption. That is absolutely correct! We don’t give away what we have or where it is!

3 Likes