A secret MAB forum members can't see. Is this rumor true?

Nick,

Every committee has an area of the board that is accesible only to its members, I believe these currently include:

• Education
  • ESOP
  • Awards
  • MAB
  • Convention planning etc
    If the MAB chose to have a discussion amonst themselves away from this board what of it? It is no different to the ESOP handling complaints via email which is my understanding of how they do that.

Regards

Gerry

So a secret, closed MAB forum does exist! Sounds like their in violation of the Sunshine Act big time.

I’m no longer on the MAB committee. It’s just not my style.

I stepped down a couple months ago.

I can understand why ethics complaints shouldn’t be public… but MAB?

:smiley: Send your request too fastreply@nachi.org :wink: You’re no different than anyone else.

Nick:

You knew about the offsite server. Why do you have to play games.

BTW, you can’t do nothing with the link unless you have an approved password to access it.

Why in the world am I even answering this post. Nick, what is the purpose of your question or motive to the answer?

The MAB has used a discussion chat room bb owned by one of it’s members as a place to “meet”. No different than using email, or conference calls among it’s members, except that it is cheaper.

I don’t have access to the education or esop forums, and probably others. Most members don’t have access to many of the committee forums. Is there a difference?

Tell me Nick, can you send us a transcript of the next vendor contract so we can see about the big promises and lack of execution. Something like IBS.

I would hope there is when the MAB has to talk about things and make a decision .
The same things goes on in many places in this world as well as NACHI that are not any of my business.
If and when decisions are made then I expect we the Members should be told if necessary.
How could the awards committee make any decisions if every one was able to see what the discusions are about .
I would say if you have a particular interest in any Board then try and get a position .
Surprise many boards need ( ACTIVE ) members .
Don"t complain become active
Roy Cooke Sr . Royshomeinspection

Or maybe even a copy of the Convention taping?

I used to have access to the ESOP Private Forum, but for some reason Farsetta never reapproved me since the new bb system was initiated.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats because are a trouble maker and a rabble rouser John :wink:

Regards

Gerry

Here is one for the membership. The MAB had a discussion and proposed to Nick to inform every member that signed up for the convention that there would no longer be any food. Nick receives the email and doesn’t notify the 400+ in attendance at the opening ceremony. A MAB member (ME) spoke with many inspectors about the reasons why.

Nick you can post a new thread containing trash but can’t start a thread about the lack of food and the reasons why. Go figure.

This is NACHI at its finest moment.

I would say the can is opened. I don’t know what to say, or what thread to say them… And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on.

To show you about the SS regs – I am on the local code enforcement board - you should see the regs that we must follow

Trust me having everything as public information is the best way of doing business.

We are not into trade secrets or marketing breakthroughs

rlb

So you never have private conversations, Richard?

Big difference than answering emails. The MAB recently put forth a proposal out of nowhere that appears to require the most active people at NACHI to step down.

Don’t you think we deserve to see the discussion that lead up to this proposal?