About the Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues category

Use this forum to discuss current and proposed legislation on home inspector licensing, and other legal issues affecting home inspectors. Inspectors from all associations welcome.

Good Morning! I am seeking help with growth and the liability and possible reputation issues associated with hiring another inspector. Quick back story: I have been a one-woman business for 15 years. Through the years, my realtors and buyers have come to expect a high level of thoroughness, consistency and honesty for all of their clients. They know the report will be sent at a certain time and that I will always show up and take care of the back end details. They also know they can trust me and my findings.
I find myself in a position of needing to grow. I stay anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks booked out which means I turn down a lot of inspections. I can stay individual and work like a dog, keep the control and liability singular, or I can hire and train someone to help share the load.

For those who have been in this situation, talk to me about the liability and legal ramifications including any legalese I need to know to add to my contracts to protect my name and company if/when the new guy misses something. The person I am looking to hire does have 2 years experience and does have his own company. I would make him dissolve his business and sign a 5 year non-compete.

Tell me the good, bad and the ugly.