advice in insurance

Originally Posted By: dlee2
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Looking for advice. I’m new to the bussiness and looking for help with E/O insurance. I’m thinking about Frea. They said I need an inspection agreement, any suggestions.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

http://www.nachi.org/documents/nachi_agreement.pdf

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

David;

You are free to 'borrow' my inspection agreement from my web site (listed below). It was put together by two great lawyers (one litigator, or RE lawyer) in the Chicago area. Make sure that you change the names, logo and stuff like that.

Make sure that you run it past a lawyer in your state. Different staes have different requirements and mine fit Illinois.

FREA likes my agreement.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: cbutler

Mr. Lee,

take advantage of the offers here by fellow NACHI members.

That is the beauty of this board!

The help and camaraderie that exudes here is coming back when replies like this happen.

I did not speak to you personally, but so you know why we require it.

Without a signed pre-inspection agreement, there is no defense at all.

It is a he-said she-said contest and the customer always wins in those…

So EVERY carrier that offers E&O to Home Inspectors requires it to be signed or there is no coverage.

Try CREIA’s out in California for the best one in the country in my personal opinion (not FREA’s).

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(Former) Director of Membership @ FREA

chris_butler32@yahoo.com

Originally Posted By: lkage

cbutler wrote:

Try CREIA's out in California for the best one in the country in my personal opinion (not FREA's).

Anyone have a copy? I would like to read it over...and over...and over. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: dmaples

Hi, I too am new to this board & business…I am having a hard time finding a company that will cover GL insurance! Any advice or leads as to where I might be able to acquire it. Thanks in advance. icon_question.gif

Originally Posted By: aleleika

David,

Try your Insurance carrier who covers all your personal policies. They might be able to write you a policy or at least if he is a good agent he will definitely refer you to someone in your area that can help you with it.

and Welcome aboard!

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: mboyett

I was finally able to get Business GL thru Nationwide Insurance ($300,000 coverage for $382/yr). Strangely enough I had to go to two different Nationwide offices here in town, the first one said no, they couldn’t help me, the 2nd one said no problem and I got the insurance within just a couple of days. Go figure.

Mike Boyett

Capital City Inspections

Austin, Tx

www.capcityinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dmaples

Thanks for the replies and welcome…I actually contacted the insurance company that carries our home owners insurance, Farm Bureau, and they said they dont do GL. Which I find very interesting. But I will check into the others. Thanks!