E&O insurance

Originally Posted By: jfaux
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I was somewhere on this huge website and found E&O insurance that was on a per inspection certificate basis. Now, I cannot find the information. Does anyone know who offers this type of insurance? icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted By: jpope

deleted

Jeff Pope

JPI Home Inspection Service

“At JPI, we’ll help you look better”

(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Jeremy,

Do not contact Michael Napadow for any insurance coverage whatsoever.
As for the information that you are seeking(pay-per-inspection), Nick Gromicko (Executive Director) removed all information pertaining to this insurance, from this website. NACHI has put a hold on all business relationships with this gentleman and his company (NHI), until further notice. You can read more about this huge E&O discussion at the following page...
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=996

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jfaux

Thanks for the link.

SO.....as of now there is no "pay-as-you-go" insurance available? Is this correct?

My next question would then be...where can I get a policy that I can pay monthly? Am I doomed to go with FREA and be gouged just because I am new? Their rates are more than $1000/year more for new inspectors. This is outragous icon_evil.gif

How is NACHI going on insurance "deals" for inspectors that use the NACHI agreement?

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Jeremy

as of todays date I am not aware of anyone able to offer pay as you go insurance. I would suggest the insurance companies listed on our links page should be contacted, but also you may find a local broker in your area may be able to quote you.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"