Agreement

Do you have your client sign your agreement or do you just include it in your report?
Also…
Do clients actually have to sign it? What if we add this statement at the beginning of the report:

*BY ACCEPTING THIS INSPECTION REPORT YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT *

I would much rather add a one page agreement to the report then hassling them about signing before the inspection or before receiving the report.

John

Just use: http://www.nachi.org/onlineagreement.htm Free.

It’s awesome, been using it for years…!!!

Jim

John …

I’ve been doing this for 35 years and I’m gonna say this with no ill feelings, just straight out honesty. Having them sign an AGREEMENT before the inspection OR before getting paid is NOT hassling anyone … Its just good business.

They can NOT buy the house, close and move-in WITHOUT the hassling of signing LEGAL papers. Your comment sounds like its coming from a a real estate agent NOT a businessman.

One other thing, I’ve done over 123 expert witness events AND, if you were on the other side of a lawsuit it **WOULD **be a GREAT joy to me, the attorney and the plaintiff IF you had been so thoughtful as to NOT hassel them by getting an AGREEMENT signed in ADVANCE. They would likely own you.

Use ISN and be done with it.