Alberta Annual General meeting 2010.01.25

The meeting is on 2010.01.25 at the Sands Hotel in Edmonton, AB

The adggenda is
8:00 to 9:00 AM Meet and greet
Coffee etc.
9:00 AM Call meeting to order.
Present addgenda

Guest speakers.

10:30 AM Vern Mitchinson Update on Provincial regulations.
11:00 AM Nick Gromicko Marketing
12:00 PM Lunch on your own.
1:00 PM Robert Lane, Department of Municipal Affairs. Update on 2007 Alberta Building code, and new fire codes
3:00 PM Steve Horvath Ventilation of Houses

This is a tentative draft and will be revised as the schdule is confirmed

Go to http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/events.html for location and to regstar
Meeting is open to all interested individuals.

Update

8:00 to 9:00 AM Meet and greet
Coffee etc.
9:00 AM Call meeting to order.
Adopt Agenda
Guest speakers.
10:30 AM Vern Mitchinson CET CMI Update on Provincial regulations.
11:00 AM Nick Gromicko CMI Marketing
12:00 PM Lunch on your own. The Sands has a very good buffet or order from menu.
1:00 PM Robert Lane P Eng, Department of Municipal Affairs. Update on 2006 Alberta Building code, and new fire codes
He will be presenting the changes from the old code.
Attending this update is very important.
1 education credit will be awarded for each hour of course.
3:00 PM Steve Horvath CET CMI House Ventilation
Steve will enlighten us on the use of ventilation fans, HRV’s, bath and kitchen fans and how they should all work together along with the code requirements.
Again 1 education credit for each hour of the course.
This is a tentative draft and will be revised as the schedule is confirmed.

Hi folks:
Does any body attend to this meeting from Ontario?

Thanks

This meeting is open to all. Brock Ketcham Chairman of the Home Inspector regulation advisory committee will be presenting an update. There are rumours and lots of misinformation circulating across the province and the country. Get the facts at this meeting. This is your opportunity to have your concerns addressed and discussed.

Hi Vern:
Do you know what time the meeting will be finish? I am trying to find a good deal for ticket. And one more thing I can’t find any information about the Sands hotel ( like price of room/ night). Do you know how can get that one too?

Thank you

Go to http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/events.html for inks to hotel and meeting info.

We are almost full up for the AGM on JAN 25, 2010.
Get you registration in while there still room.
Go to http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/event528.html to register.
It’s going to interesting, informative and well worth your while.
We may extend the meeting to 9:00 PM so that we can have a presentation on Tort Law as it applies to Home Inspectors.
[RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

I’m putting together a good talk on Website Optimization and how to get yourself to #1 of Google. Make sure you’re attending if you can!

Go to http://www.sandshoteledm.com/ for hotel information and book your room.

Meeting may go until 9:00 PM

We had a great meeting with over 70 members and guests. Presentations by
Brock Ketcham Updated us on the progress Home Inspection regulations.
Dominic J. Maricic explained how Inspector Pro worked and tips for getting the most out of the software.
Robert Lane P Eng, Department of Municipal Affairs. explained revisions to the 2006 ABC that were implemented to increase the resistance to fire spread. These revisions came into effect on May 3. 2009.
Steve Horvath CET CMI explained the various ventilation systems, limits and benefits of each and what to look for during an inspection.
Dominic J. Maricic made an excellent presentation on how to get your web site on the first page of google, yahoo, and MSN search engines.

Well done guys You made it an interesting, informative and beneficial day.

PS. Inspector pro has the best, fastest and most efficient photo handling system I’ve ever seen.
\:D/

Thanks Vern. I had a great time up there and you had the place packed!!

I got to meet a lot of our users, meet guys from the boards and had a great time at dinner afterwards. Thanks for the invite :mrgreen: