Any requirements with this 220 receptacle?

2 Likes

How can it be upside down if the right angle plug is hanging down correctly? Would it be better if it were flipped over and the cord were bent over at 180°? The orientation is not dictated by the NEC but common sense would say you want the cord and plug oriented as shown in the photo.

3 Likes

That’s how I saw it, too, Rob. Thank you for confirming…

So in your opinion, is it wrong if he put that in his report as a safety hazard? I guess my question is can it come back to bite him if he labeled it as a safety hazard just because he felt that way? Because this could change my approach in a way ( I am still trying to pinpoint a consistent way I will be inspecting and reporting)

It is not a safety hazard, Greg. :smile:

1 Like

So it is upside down, but there is no support for why someone thinks it is upside down and they have stated the code does not dictate orientation. Got it.

3 Likes

Michael, first you said it was upside down but you also said that according to the NEC it’s “not prohibited”, so if it’s not prohibited to be installed in the orientation in the photo why is it a problem? Also if you’re saying that from a code perspective it can be installed in any orientation how can it be upside down?

1 Like

You are too kind Robert! :wink:
You will get more double & triple talk very very soon. :face_vomiting:

It is up side down. That’s a fact. It is also true that you can install it upside down.

I never said that it was a problem.

The same way it can be on its side. Or on its back on the front. The lettering (words) indicate its orientation not its installation requirement.

Would everyone stop trying to use facts and logic trying to follow the convoluted path of some.

1 Like

Hence the request for a link… :smile:

1 Like

That is a lame excuse to determine right side up orientation.

2 Likes

DON’T FORGET TO VOTE
See what the ZERO means… … … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Where is the top on this?

We are just trying to keep the newbies from getting confused, is all. :smile:

1 Like

Straw man…

25 you are on a roll Mark

Straw man…

1 Like

Posts a dumb pic that does not address your question out of desperation.
Are you in Canada Larry?

“Available in Canada Only”

1 Like

Ok thanks Larry