Architectural style or name for a 1/2 brick sidewall?

Was that the freebie narrative, or your replacement for it? :thinking:

You can have that one for free, JJ. :wink:

4 Likes

Jeffrey, I wrote it. Running bond brick veneer with rowlock coping course.
The most common pattern used when installing thin brick is the running bond pattern. That is, each successive course of brick is laid half-way over the brick below.

I always appreciate your information and thorough knowledge Robert. But who’s your intended audience? I always feel as though I’m reading a response from ChatGPT, or a technical document.

Again, no disrespect, its extremely helpful for me who’s reading your input and I find the information invaluable. I’m just curious. Are the majority of your clients Engineers or technical document writers? Honest curiosity.

3 Likes

He’ll come back and say he was a mason, Brandon, but you hit it right.

2 Likes

Well, he does have a nasty habit of 'Copying and Pasting" information from random wesbsites that he doesn’t even bother reading completely, therefore doesn’t really know what he posts many times.
The proof is in his history of postings.

1 Like

No disrespect taken.

I preformed masonry work.

Intended audience. OP.

Some clients are engineers of varying degrees.

Some portions of replies are gleaned online. Other are what I preformed at times on a daily bases. I was a practicing mason.

Hope that helps.

PS: I should point out the rowlock coping course was corbeled.

1 Like

Evening Michael.
I hope this helps.

Coping
It is a course placed upon the exposed top of an external wall to prevent the seepage of water.

Stone Ashlar veneer with corbeled stone or flagstone coping.

Masonry terms.

Is that your final answer? Corbeled Rowlock Coping Course?

1 Like

That would be my narrative if I had to describe the top course, Brian.

This is from a report I did several weeks back.
Wall surfaces - masonry: Observation.
Brick masonry.
Running Bond.
Plumb lines.
Concave tooling on bed, head and butt joint mortar.
Wet algae stained brick.
Cracks in brick mortar. Degraded mortar. Mortar voids.
Steel lintel corrosion. Third floor windows.
No adverse conditions observed the day of the inspection.

Today was my first paid inspection, and this was what I encountered. So from what I read on the forum this isn’t a retaining wall is a brick veneer with and how would I write this damage to this wall up in my report is where I’m stuck at.

Well the key word would be damaged

1 Like

Example:

Substantial damage to brick veneer at LOCATION. Recommend qualified brick mason, and other qualified professionals, make repairs as needed to restore structural integrity of complete wall system.

And welcome Mitch! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, so much appreciate the feed back