ASHI, ASHI, ASHI, me, me, me

Originally Posted By: dfrend
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
From what I have seen, the experienced inspectors who have been in the business for more than five years are the ones who would like to see the battle of the HI organizations end, the newer home inspectors want to keep the battle going.

I am a newer inspector. I could care less about ASHI, have no hatred to them, and am not here to fight them. I simply see that regardless of their "power", they do not offer ME as much as NACHI.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Just a few thoughts:

Our message board now has over 39,000 topics, very few (far less than 1%) of which are dedicated to unwarranted ASHI bashing. ASHI & NACHI have long ago settled their legal disputes with what I would call a peace treaty. We haven't been to court since.

You will note that there is nearly no bashing of NAHI, SPREI, CREIA, etc. here. Also, NACHI works in harmony with numerous associations, so it would be difficult for one to argue that NACHI bashes other associations.

You see universal bashing of ASHI by nearly everyone though. Recently (this year) you can add AHIA, the major franchises, NAHI, USInspect, ASHI members themselves, and now many legislators to the list of ASHI bashers.

Clearly the common denominator is ASHI. This universal disgust with ASHI might have something to do with ASHI. No?

Bashing takes two. A basher and something to legitmately bash about. I am pleased that Scott Patterson reports little NACHI bashing on the ASHI board. Surely some of the credit for this decrease should be given to NACHI.

As an industry we are clearly moving closer together and I predict we'll be one big happy family very soon.

Nick

Originally Posted By: tallen

Well I guess that answers my first question icon_lol.gif

I love drifting

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
If you possessed all these things but were in business for less than three years YOU WERE OUT OF BUSINESS IN FLORIDA UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THIS NEW LAW COME JULY, 1 2004.

Joe,

An oh how right you are. The Charlotte county licensing law is modeled after the state law, and several inspectors went out of business because they had less than three years in business. Not Fair, Not Fair, Not Fair!!! The only thing we didn't have was the 250 inspection criteria.

Just keep the damn government out of it!! ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif)