ASHI sends out postcard encouraging inspectors to join InterNACHI. Thanks ASHI!

Don’t ask me why they did it, but I have on in my hands. I guess I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

scan scan scan

I think they’ve lost their minds over at ASHI. You should read this thing. Might as well just tell the whole industry to join InterNACHI.

Nick, please scan and post . . . inquiring minds want to see.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24346

**ROTFLMAO!:stuck_out_tongue: **
**This must be the same "Golden Ticket’ post card that a lot of us have received. **

Here my a response on the “Members only section.”

Quote:
**Originally Posted by dshock
***WOW!! My Golden Ticket Has Arrived! ***

*ASHI must be struggling! *
I didn’t know ASHI was so great! Don’t believe me? Just read what their post card says!

Front:
Your Golden Ticket Has Arrived!
*This is your invitation to be be part of North America’s most respected professional society for home inspectors."

• The Best Standards

• The Best Code of Ethics

• The Best Benefits

• The Best in Profession"
    ***Rear:****ASHI MEMBERSHIP
    Find Out What’s In It For YOU!
    *ASHI was established by a group of home inspectors back in 1976 when the home inspection profession was virtually unknown. *
    Since then, we have helped the profession grow in prominence and in recognition. ASHI authored the original Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics that many Government bodies and even competing associations have adapted for their own use. The ASHI Standards and Ethics continue to serve as the benchmark of our reputation for integrity and professionalism. Isn’t it time that you made the right choice - the choice to be part of ASHI? Let us help you be more successful in this profession.

*Join ASHI now for less than $280 - or for less than $25 per month! *

[FONT=Arial]Danny,
**I have been in this industry since 1972. I have seen associations come and go. I receive the same invitation from ASHI each and every year. **
I always look at the lack of 'Bennies" and I always decline.

**This year the NHIE sent me a request to help them re-write their test! **

The local New Hampshire ASHI guys hate me and when they find out that I helped re-write their test they are going to have a stroke!:razz:

**Stick with a winner and you won’t be sorry. **

**We have a highly educated group of people who post on a regular basis and The “technical sections” on this BB are superior to ALL of the others combined. **

**Like Marcel, Dale, Dave & others have said …in essence NACHI gives you more bang for your buck! **

**Stick around…You can’t go wrong! :razz: **

[/FONT]**

Nick… Your gonna be really shocked, once, or if you ever sober up, :roll: :roll: and find out what ASHI is and has been doing for it’s members, and the profession for the past 30yrs, not to mention ASHI is the household name, and has been in the county when it comes to home inspecting for the past 30 yrs.

Really? I looked, but I couldn’t find their membership benefit list on their site. Do you know where it is?

I’ve received a booklet every year for the past 5 yrs informing me over 100 member benefits every year, with providers contact webs, address’s and Ph #s, never saw duplicate items, or never found one or heard of one that was a promise/ not provided, never saw one that didn’t exist or someone had to make an excuse why if was not available.

Didn’t you get your copy.??:roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG>

Oh… a list of vendor deals doesn’t count. If you want vendor deals… here: www.InspectorMALL.com I could print ours in a “booklet” too with “provider’s contact webs, addresses and phone #s” but our booklet would weigh 400 pounds.

When I say free member benefits, I don’t include vendor deals… I mean stuff like www.nachi.org/success.htm

http://www.homeinspector.org/join/application/associate_application.pdf

The above is for the idiots who didn’t receive the $279.00 offer like myself, and I’m even a damn member, (temporarily) who they paid the postage to have it sent to me…UNREAL…:twisted:

There is no discount what so ever…their dues are pro-rated.

I having surgery on my Pancreas at 7:30 tomorrow morning which was postponed from Jan 3rd because of inflammation.

But as soon as I can make a phone call to their headquarters tomorrow or the next day I’m canceling my membership.

They have not helped my business in any perspective…I don’t care if they have been in business since cavemen were digging holes in the sides of cliffs to live and needed them inspected…:shock:

Oh and one other thing I didn’t mention…:twisted:

God help any new inspector who might ask a question on their message board, that don’t know, or need more information from all the self proclaimed inspection geniuses.

The poor Guy or Gal will be belittled by the the handful of “Regulars” who post there… and I can count those on my fingers and toes…!!

A damn shame, pathetic is probably a better word…!!!..:twisted:

Dale. You having a bad day.:wink:
Good luck with your surgery tormorrow.

Good luck tomorrow and get yourself well again

Paul

Aww Shucks. I didn’t get a postcard. Oh well, it wouldn’t have made it past the post office recycle bin anyway.

It was interesting to follow Dale’s link:

They have the normal dues, I can accept that.

They have an $80.00 application fee. Screw that.

They have a $25.00 ANNUAL convenience fee. What the hell?

No Thanks. :shock:

GET WELL SOON DALE.

ZERO membership benefits, ZERO membership requirements. Well, at least they are balanced.

Dale, I’ll say a prayer for you tonight. Get well soon too.

Thanks regarding the surgery Dan, but their association has not helped my business one bit.

Their message board is a joke…as you well know or you wouldn’t be posting here…:D…and I sure don’t see you posting on their message board…:smiley:

But I do know for a fact your one of the best inspectors in Arizona.

As you know, God help you if you spell a word wrong on their message board, which makes me sick…!!

I can’t count how many times some poor new guy asking a simple question about say a plumbing issue (as an example) and receiving 8 messages back because he spelled “to” instead of “too” in his message…pathetic…:twisted:

And as you might know also…I have not posted their since the last time my message was deleted when I asked what some other inspectors thought what I should charge to inspect 3000+ new Condo’s…:cool:, which me and three other guys did inspect a couple years ago.

I must of not read the rules closely enough…you are not allowed to post pricing, unless they changed the rules since…but I wouldn’t know because I have not been to the message board since.

Thanks regarding the surgery Dan, but their association has not helped my business one bit.

Their message board is a joke…as you well know or you wouldn’t be posting here…:D…and I sure don’t see you posting on their message board…:smiley:

But I do know for a fact your one of the best inspectors in Arizona.

As you know, God help you if you spell a word wrong on their message board, which makes makes me sick…!!

I can’t count how many times some poor new guy asking a simple question about say a plumbing issue (as an example) and receiving 8 messages back because he spelled “to” instead of “too” in his message…pathetic…:twisted:

And as you might know also…I have not posted their since the last time my message was deleted when I asked what some other inspectors thought what I should charge to inspect 3000+ new Condo’s…:cool:, which me and three other guys did inspect a couple years ago.

I must of not read the rules closely enough…you are not allowed to post pricing, unless they changed the rules since…but I wouldn’t know because I have not been posting on their message board since.

Wasn’t that list, part of the cave wall writings that was recently discovered next to the dried mud pits where they’re finding all of those wooly mammouth remains ? :mrgreen: :stuck_out_tongue:

Paul

God’s speed, Dale.