Atlanta, Georgia - July 12-13, 2008 (Sat & Sun)
**Houston, Texas - July 19-20, 2008 (Sat & Sun)
2 Day IR Certification Class - 16 Hours CE
Approved in several States for inspector education.
InterNACHI members recieve $100 off next years dues.
Free InterNACHI membership for new enrollements ($289 value).
TITLE: "Thermal Imaging And Building Science"
**This is an infrared training course intended to familiarize home inspectors
with this new non-destructive testing technology and its applications for
building and home inspections.
- What is thermal imaging?
- The purpose of Thermal Imaging in Home Inspections.
- Better Inspections
- Decreased Liability
- Additional Income form Ancillary Services
- The Physics of Light
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- The Physics of Thermal Imaging
- Delta T
- Emissivity, Reflectivity, Transparency
- Thermal Mass
- Different Types of Image Display
- Black & White, Rainbow, Iron
- Temperature Scales.
- Adjusting temperature scales for a better image.
- Applications for Home Inspection
- Water Infiltration
- Excessive Moisture in Materials
- Electrical Inspection Applications
- HVAC applications
- Pipe Location
- Pest Infestation
- Energy Audit
- Inspection Techniques
- Exterior scanning.
- Interior scanning.
- Electrical scanning.
- Report Writing, Marketing, Liability.
- Building Science, Structure, Systems, And Defects.**
Thermal imaging training will include testing and field assignments.**
All students will have personal interaction with the instructor.**
**No IR camera is required to take this thermal imaging training course. **