Awesome Nachi Tool

Circuit tester could report falsely and our liability goes up!! Wait, split differential on an A/C is only at 8. Maybe it’s a bad thermometer. Maybe we should just say it feels cold so our liability doesn’t go up?
So… A pat of butter or a high tech state of the art, really impressive tester?
Every time I use it, my client’s my Realtor, the seller, are impressed that I am testing equipment with high tech state of the art equipment, and not just warming something up. If you can get one of these testers, you’ll love it!
</IMG></IMG>
[/quote]

A home inspection is, and for seemingly good reason, not sold as a “technically exhaustive” inspection. If you choose to make it technically exhaustive isn’t this your privilege? Your tone suggest that all of us should provide your level of expertise - is that what you meant? Obviously, you know what you are doing but I hope you would advised those who pretend to know everything about all subjects to do so at their own risk and with appropriately worded contracts and/or ensure that the client understands that all subjects may not contain similar levels of competency during the inspection. I know this is a “mouth-full” so read it a couple of times - I think I understand what I just said. :slight_smile:

That said, you have interested me in this “thing.” What exactly does it tell you about the microwave under test?
</IMG>

What is the cost?

Absolutly free + 47.50 S&H lol:p

If you want one send me your address and it’s on the way… Totally free :smiley:

Don’t know if I need $47.00 worth of “razzle-dazzle” - i’ll wait to hear from Scott. Or, since you are at hand, what does this device tell you about the microwave?

Todd

Please help us – what does the tester tell us??

This might be the best thing since round wheels on cars and someone else’s credit card

Perhaps I should direct this question to NACHI

This “tester” might just be good showmanship or it might be telling us something

WHAT IS It

rlb

rlb

Welcome back Richard! :smiley:
</IMG>

I don’t test microwaves, but if I did, wetting a small piece of a paper towel would put an end to my curiosity whether the machine functioned or not.

You WIN! There couldn’t be a cheaper test. :wink:

If it came to the point I needed something bizarre to see if a microwave heated it, I’d try popcorn!

Kids -

Micro-Wave Popcorn. Tells me the MW is working - impresses the $hit out of the client and used house commissioned salesperson - also feeds them and keeps them out of my hair. The “WOW” factor.

Make sure it’s not in a bag also, in case your not in the same room when it’s popping, you should be able to hear it going off when your testing the second floor tub/shower unit. (If the microwave does in fact work)

If not sweep the kernels back into the jar for the next shack…:smiley:

Dale - You are a genius, a really tremendous idea! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: \:D/ =D>
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Actually, I found the NACHI Microwave Tester to be the cheapest since it was FREE!!! I didn’t have to wet a towel, I didn’t have to heat up water, and I didn’t have to make popcorn. I took my little NACHI tester, put it in the microwave and within seconds it lit up like a christmas tree letting me know that, yes, the microwave was working.
NACHI also had the tribble, which was a nice little beanbag that you tossed in the microwave for 30 seconds and if it got hot, the microwave worked.
Oh, and it was also FREE!!!
Check with the main office and see if they still have some available. It’s a nice little device to use on your inspection.
And if you’re worried about increasing your liability, add a comment to your report about how you are not checking for wattage, or whether or not the microwave is heating every food item properly, or whatever you want to say you’re not going to be held liable for OR just don’t test them and go on with the rest of your day.

Todd,

When I first read this I paniced on the “$47.00” - did not see the “Totally Free” part. Or, maybe I thought the shipping was ‘totally free’ and the tester is $47.00. Anyway, Thanks for the offer! Please send to the address below.
</IMG></IMG>

I will send the tester this Friday.

Only 3 left.

Great idea, Jay.

Who says that there are no great ideas on this board? :mrgreen:

The tester works fine, lighting up with the presence of microwaves, and impressing the clients.

HOWEVER, for winter use, I sure liked the NACHI Bean Bag. I usually tested the microwave when returning from inspecting the outside of the home. Great Handwarmer. Unfortuantely, one of my clients liked my handwarmer better than I did and stole the dang thing.

Life goes on.

The NACHI microwave testers are pretty cool. We used one yesterday on inspection - hey, bright lights DAZZLE! :slight_smile: And my son loves to test our microwave. Ya know, just in case it broke during the night!!

We gave some testers away at a Realtor fair & they enjoyed them.

Will,
I have found that if you wrap the hamster in wax paper prior to nuking it the end result is minimul clean up time.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Linas; Are you trying to get me in trouble?

**This just in. Will Decker (former NACHI educator and former president of NACHI’s Chicago Chapter) convicted of small animal abuse!

Film at 10 (or 11, for those on the east coast).

**Just what I need. :shock: