This does not look like a proper drain and appears there may be drainage issues. Any advise on how to write the description
How did it perform?
It did drain ok
And there you have it.
On picture #1, I thought we still considered that an improper p-trap configuration due to the pipe dropping down on the right? I recently scoured the archives on this issue and I thought @mwilles considered this improper. I may have misunderstood? Guess this plumbing configuration throws me off to this day and can’t make heads or tails of when it is, or is not correctly installed ![]()
On picture #1, I thought we still considered that an improper p-trap configuration due to the pipe dropping down on the right?
It needs the trap arm to go 2 pipe diameters horizontally before dropping to be a p-trap, I believe.
After that it can go down, down, down.
It needs the trap arm to go 2 pipe diameters horizontally before dropping to be a p-trap, I believe.
After that it can go down, down, down.
I’ve seen conflicting information from my recent archive scouring. Back to the archives I go. Weeeee! Thanks for the response Larry ![]()
before dropping
And there’s the issue/defect… it doesn’t DROP, it RISES!!
I’ve seen conflicting information from my recent archive scouring. Back to the archives I go. Weeeee!
Found it!
I would too. I’m not sure what the 2.5 diameter thing is all about unless somebody is referencing a crown vent. Very different animal all together. [image]
This is the picture @mwilles posted. Looks similar to image #1 from the OP in this topic ![]()
lkage:
before dropping
And there’s the issue/defect… it doesn’t DROP, it RISES!!
I don’t see that.
Can you point it out where it rises and should drop?
dfreund:
've seen conflicting information from my recent archive scouring. Back to the archives I go. Weeeee!
Found it!
This is directly below the post you referenced. Conflicting I guess.
Two things are needed to create an s-trap out of a p-trap that connects to a vertical drain pipe:
a) short trap arm (less than 2x its pipe diameter)
b) lack of vent
Regardless, if it was performing okay, I wouldn’t call it out.
To each their own when reporting.
Any advise on how to write the description
Neither P-trap is properly vented. The sink on the right makes a horizontal transition into the branch of a sanitary tee. Write it up.
Neither P-trap is properly vented. The sink on the right makes a horizontal transition into the branch of a sanitary tee. Write it up.
Is that something a decent plumber can easily do?
Is that something a decent plumber can easily do?
Sure for $1,550 plus material.
Sure for $1,550 plus material.
Is that for both or each?
jspencer:
Is that something a decent plumber can easily do?
Sure for $1,550 plus material.
That’s a total remodel.
Morning, David. Hope to find you well.
Members, help me out as well. In the top photo, shouldn’t the fitting be a Yee for entering a horizontal plumbing drain line and not a Tee fitting?
Observation: Plumbing.
Fitting after the Bathroom sink plumbing P-Trap adaptor to the horizontal drain pipe is a Tee fitting. Yee fitting are required.
No adverse conditions observed the day of the inspection, if there were none emember!
I can not say anything about the venting issues.
It’s not configured correctly. Drain piping needs to be directional. This one run into a T. Also the trap are drops more than one pipe diameter before it reaches a vent so that is wrong. I’ve written some article with illustrations that may help clarify this About Plumbing Traps, Arms and Vents | Summerville's Blue Palmetto Home Inspection and About Plumbing Traps, Arms and Vents | Summerville's Blue Palmetto Home Inspection …hope this helps…
That’s a total remodel.
$15,000 is a remodel. $1,500 is nothing today
Also the trap are drops more than one pipe diameter before it reaches a vent
Are you willing to risk it saying there is a vent? I don’t see one in the pictures.


