Bathtubs

This question was asked back in 2005. How many inspectors out there fill the bathtub to the overflow drain?

Regards:

Bryce Jeffrey

I disclaim the overflow on tubs in my agreement due to so many in this area that are inaccessible. :slight_smile:

83 people have looked at this thread and only Marcel answered! I could surmise that 82 inspectors do noy check bathtubs!:roll::roll::roll:

never even considered it…

I’ve done houses with 5 or more bathtubs. I suppose I could balance my checkbook while they all fill up, but I don’t do it.

… or that 82 inspectors do not see value in responding to this (vaguely intended) thread! :mrgreen::twisted:

I actually take a bath at each inspection. The laundry appliances are also run through a complete cycle while I am bathing. Kill 2 birds with one stone.:wink:

I’d heard that about you…awesome time management…

I check them the same way I check the TPR valve and main water shutoff.

Thanks Jim, some people just don’t get it!!

:mrgreen:That was funny Jim.

Please do not tell us how you inspect toilets.

Well, Bob, I hope he checks to make sure the Black water wasn’t used for the tub water instead of the potable water.
And the grey water wasn’t piped in to wash his clothes. :wink:

It all ends up in the same place over time anyway.

Come to think of it ,what is the whole idea behind water conservation.
Is there not the same amount of water on this planet as 1,000 years ago.?

Possibly… only there are 6 billion more people using it!!!

Seventy % of the Earth’s surface is covered by water, but less than 1% of that water is fresh water. Only 1% of that 1% is accessible for human use.
If the current conditions continue, two out of every three people will live in a water-stressed conditions by the year 2025.

Like Jeff said, there is more people. The population has doubled between 1950 and 2000.

The Energy Policy Act of 1992 established water conservation standards to save the United States an estimated 6.5 billion gallons of water per day.
I helped to contribute by installing a 1.28 gpf flush in my home.

:slight_smile:

Guess it takes longer to recycle and people insist on moving where it isn’t.

If you check the water technologies sub-index of the stock market, you will see that it has returned better gains than oil!! Notice that GE has it listed on their home page under “Products and Services”. Jack welsh was no financial fool!!

http://www.ge.com/products_services/water.html

http://www.gewater.com/index.jsp

Or too much is, by times,…like along the banks of rivers that flood regularly!!

Glad to see some people are working on the solution for a water problem in the future Brian.

**TREVOSE, PA.—March 17, 2010—**According to the United Nations Development Program, more than 1 billion people, or about one in six worldwide, do not have safe drinking water and more than 2 billion lack access to adequate sanitation. If current water usage trends continue, by the year 2025 two-thirds of the world’s population won’t have enough clean water.