Best Business Growth Books

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a quick poll to see what marketing/business or personal growth books you guys might have read that you feel aided you in your career growth. 99% of marketing type books are either very boring, use sales tactics of a door to door salesman or are geared for larger business than the typical “1 of” home inspection business. I’ve already read Nick’s book on home inspection business. Anyway, not looking for books on how to perform inspections (NACHI has more than sufficient material on that), but rather how to grow my business/relationships. Whatcha got?

Richest Man in Babylon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Richest-Babylon-George-Clason/dp/1508524351

and of course: http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/successful.aspx :wink:

InterNACHI is also developing software to manage a multi-inspector firm and technology that allows you to virtually attend and help your inspectors on numerous inspections at once.

I had looked at “The Richest Man in Babylon” previously, so I just ordered it. Thanks for the recommendation.

PS. The software your talking about is interesting. I’ve always said that I could never force myself growing to a multi-inspector firm due to the fact that I could never completely trust an employees judgement nor let go of control. This was also the same hurdle that hindered my growth as a home builder. Maybe this software will create some hope for further future growth :smiley:

I agree with the Richest Man in Babylon and here are a few more of my favorites

Selling The Invisible by Harry Beckwith (My favorite business book ever and very good for a service type business)

The Tipping Point, Outliers and blink all by Malcolm Gladwell

The Millionaire Next Door by Stanley/Danko

The Entrepreneur’s Solution by Mel H.Abraham

Seth Godin has a number of good reads as well.

I have more if you want but I would have to look them up.

Gladwell is amazing. I recommend these as well. I just finished “David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants”

1.The Bible
2.Gorilla marketing .

I just ordered the richest man in Babylon. Thanks Nick

I like “Good to Great” by Jim Collins.

It’s a bit dry at times, but it’s been a key book to me. The principles certainly apply to being a Home Inspector.

Collins is another guy who has a number of good reads.