Best Software?

Originally Posted By: mgoldenberg
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just purchased computer hardware to run inspection software.

Notebook, PDA, printer, etc. I am on the fence as to which program to buy.

I have been using two part NCR’s for the past nine years.

Any positive OR negative thoughts out there?

www.alltropic.com

Originally Posted By: Jeff Knight

Marc,

Depends upon what you are trying to do. Do you want the ability to print the inspection right on sight from the PDA without having to lug around a laptop ? Do you want to include pictures embedded in the report when you print on site ? even from the PDA ? or are you looking at doing the inspection on a laptop ?

Originally Posted By: dcossar

mgoldenberg wrote:
I just purchased computer hardware to run inspection software.
Notebook, PDA, printer, etc. I am on the fence as to which program to buy.
I have been using two part NCR's for the past nine years.
Any positive OR negative thoughts out there?

Take a look at Carson Dunlop Horizons reporting system! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: Donna @ 3D

Get ALL the demos and evaluations copies out there, try them all out to see what they each will do, play with them all. Make an educated decision! Find certain things you like or want to do in one package, ask the other vendors how to do the same in theirs. If you find certain packages simply won’t do certain things you want to do, then cross them off the list. Process of elimination.

And plan for growth later- software that is expandable with your needs won’t let you outgrow it later.

Donna, 3D Inspection Systems

www.3dinspection.com

Originally Posted By: Danny Mustafich

As a software developer I agree with Donna

Donna @ 3D wrote:
Get ALL the demos and evaluations copies out there, try them all out to see what they each will do, play with them all. Make an educated decision! Find certain things you like or want to do in one package, ask the other vendors how to do the same in theirs. If you find certain packages simply won't do certain things you want to do, then cross them off the list. Process of elimination.
And plan for growth later- software that is expandable with your needs won't let you outgrow it later.

Furthermore I suggest creating a list of questions and submitting it via e-mail to all software companies. Also make a phone call to Software Support line to see how quick you can get your questions answered.
Eventually you will run into a problem with your software, so get the ?feeling of Tech. Support?.

--
Danny Mustafich
Graphic & Web Designer/Developer

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
http://www.inspectiondepot.com

Originally Posted By: Bob F Williams

Check out New Image Software’s Inspector FX. Updated version of the old software. www.newimagesoftware.net.

Originally Posted By: lewens

Marc

Check out AHIT at www.ahit.com they will send you a free disc with 10 free reports to use. It is a fair evaluation.

Larry

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Originally Posted By: mgoldenberg

thanks eveyone for the input.

I have Inspectvue & it is great!

MG<><><>

www.alltropic.com

www.alltropic.com

Originally Posted By: hspinnler

Try HomeGauge, www.homegauge.com if you want an easily customizable report that you can add photos to. You can easily upload the report to a website for your clients and (or) agents to view. The software is written in HTML so your client does not have to worry about huge file downloads. Using the Gold Service, you can upload all of your reports to an offsite vault and your client can access it at any time in the future. You can download a trial version of the software.

Hank Spinnler
Harmony Home Inspection Services
www.harmonyinspection.com