Best xmas gift as a kid

What was the best gift you ever received as a kid.:smiley:
And what did you really want but didn’t get.:frowning:

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT- having my dad come home on Christmas Eve from a very long stay in the hospital when I was 9 years old.

MOST WANTED AND NEVER HAD - a long sultry affair with a super model or a long sultry affair with a Porche when I was 59. :shock::smiley:

I was only two, so I don’t remember it, but it’s been the talk of family Christmas’s for years…

Uncle Steve came home from being stationed in Japan, and brought his two year old nephew (me) a plastic grenade launcher. Story told, that it was so powerful it took a full grown man to **** it for me. The launch hit every wall, the floor and ceiling before coming to rest. Mom says that it took no time at all to “loose” all the grenades.

Now those where the days when they knew how to make a toy for a two year old!

I had the same wish…never did get that Porsche…:(:frowning:

Remember the old commodore 64 system? A friend in my neighborhood had one and I thought it was the best thing in the world. I thought if I could just get one of those for Christmas I would never ask for anything ever again.

Christmas morning came and sure enough there’s this big box and I could just feel it in my bones that it was a commodore 64. We were fairly poor so I thought it would be a miracle if it really was. When I opened a part of the box there I saw the logo for it and my mom snapped a photo just at that moment of me with a big goofy grin. I was buzzing with excitement.

When I pulled it out of the box it was just the keyboard. (8\)
My mom didn’t know you had to buy anything but that. I was pretty crushed so say the least.

And no I never did get the rest. :frowning:

best gift Scuba Tank in 8th grade
gift I wanted but did not get. Scuba lessons??? :shock:

Kidding, I had lessons, do not recall gift I wanted but did not get.

Skillcraft advanced Chemistry Set, when I was 8 years old.

When I was grown, a Canadian Wolf picture freame from my wife. Personal thing.

A Banana seat schwin bike and a pellet rifle, circa 1972.
Still waiting for my Beatles Rock Band.

Thats funny and yet the saddest thing ive ever heard:mrgreen: