Binding reports

Originally Posted By: jrapp
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greetings everyone,

I am a somewhat new inspector and for right now a member of both ASHI and NACHI. I figured I would try both for a year and see which one is most helpful. So far it’s NACHI by a landslide. Anyway, what are some options as far as binding reports. I don’t like hardcover binders because I like to have pic of house visible on front of report. I know they make machines you can buy, any suggestions? —Jason

Originally Posted By: kbowles

Jason,

I use the Matrix Deluxe report and my clients absolutely love it. I even had one Realtor ask for a copy of it to take and show around her office. It has very good diagrams and really explains what the report is reporting. You can order one at a discounted rate to see for yourself. Go to this link for more information. http://www.home-inspect.com/forms/matrixdeluxe.asp

Good luck and stick with NACHI.

Kevin B

--
Life's a journey, not a destination.
Aerosmith

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Jason,

Welcome to NACHI.

I have my own folders designed locally. They are very nice (blue with gold-embossed lettering and logo). I tuck my client's report into one inside pocket and I place my 64-page home information manual into the other inside pocket. My business card fits into a pre-made slot on the inside of the folder.

I've had a lot of comments on this folder and its contents.

Maybe you can do the same but have your local printer cut out a square slot on the front cover to allow your home pic to be viewed.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: rchoreyii

Jason,

I bind my reports. I use binders from Walmart, Avery View Economy binders. They allow me to put a picture of the home through a slider on the front. Most people really like it and it makes them feel they are getting something for their money. I also add digital pictures, and an Owners Manual for your Home booklet. I seperate these items with inserts that are labeled Inspection Summary, Inspection Report, Additional Information, Pre-Closing Check List and Home Care & Repair.

Like I said most of my client like it compared to check list type reports or stapled reports. I have gotten many referrals from past clients for other jobs.

cheers

--
Ron Chorey
LAS CRUCES Home Inspections
rchorey@comcast.net
rchoreyii@nm.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: ccoombs

I bind all reports (mostly engineering calculations) using a coil system. I like it much better than anything I have seen. You can use clear cover sheets to show pictures. I purchase everything from Southwest Plastic Binding at http://www.swplastic.com/product.asp?catid=15&navcatid=15

Curtis

Originally Posted By: dsmith1

I use the same type system but with the plastic combs.

David

Originally Posted By: psabados

One of the biggest hits at the convention this year was the Unibind group. They had a very interesting and professional binding system that was fantastic. They can give you clear cover, hard cover (which looks like a bond book), custom work and a variety of sizes

Check them out, a little pricey but it will make you very unique.

http://www.unibind.com/unibind/default.aspx

Paul

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Originally Posted By: ddivito

I use Slide-Grip report covers. 99 cents for a pack of 6 at Wal-Mart. They have clear covers so my report’s first page with a picture of the front door side of the house shows through clearly. Clients love it. “Very professional looking” is the response I get when using them.

Originally Posted By: kgraham

Well, I don’t have near the experience most of you guys do, but so far, I very seldom deliver a report except by email. I ask my customers how they want them and typically they just want it emailed to them. On asking if they want a hard copy mailed or hand delivered as well, I have yet to have anyone want it. They think the emailed copy is fine.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I have only had to print 5 reports to date. Really saves $$ on the printing costs. My clients seem to like online format. Join the paper reduction act of 1995! icon_wink.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: dsmith1

I agree with you guys, most of my clients get their report by e-mail first. I wanted to go paperless but the problem is that I have been advised by two persons, one a lawyer, that I still need to send a hard copy to cover myself legally. It may have to do with being able to prove that the report was received electronically. Have any of you had a legal opinion on this icon_question.gif

David

Originally Posted By: kgraham

I’ve not considered the legal aspect, maybe I should. But I usually follow up with an email confirming they received it and if they have any questions. I figured that if they didn’t get it, I’d find out right quick.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

With reporthost, you know exactly when they read it and it also records how many times it’s been read. They also record the last date the document was read.

I use this to see how often my clients read their reports....makes me nervous when someone opens it 9 months after the inspection. I'm assuming that they had a problem with something and are checking to see if I caught it! or maybe they want to review it to start fixing the smaller items...who knows?

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: mrose

Hi Jason,

I nail mine to a board that I picked up at a construction site. Kind of gives the client a feel for building and besides they can always use the board.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com