Binoculars ??

Will, wow, the H9 has 15x optical!! Those are great pics.

I am hoping Santa will bring me a new digital for Xmas as I am in the market also. My old Camera has about seen its better days. BUT don’t need Binoculars:D

I have been inspecting since the last century.
…Cookie

Someone find me a nice brand and I’ll buy them for www.nachi.org/dailydoorprize.htm

Christmas is coming.

Yes!

The H2 and H5 were similar and both used (2) AA batteries

The H7 and H9 are improved in optics but use a specialized battery (not AA) with it’s own charger. On a busy day I’ll go through 3 sets of batteries. Oh yeah, they don’t consume batteries like my older cameras did. Many users of the H2 do not like the H9 as what I have researched.

I have many more pics and would love to share but I’m afraid others would get bored

NACHI ROCKS!!

Kodak Easyshare C653 6.1MP 3x Optical 5x Digital Zoom Camera
You can buy them for $79.00 at some sites on the internet.

Works fine for me.

Nick, check out the Macroscope at www.closetoinfinity.com

Here is the camera I use for the majority of pictures, if i have to go into a bad crawl I’ll grab my easyshare kodak
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830180067R

I would really like to upgrade mt binoc’s where are yall heading to with them

My Canon S2 has been great. I paid a lot more than the current price.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-S2-Digital-Stabilized/dp/B0009GZSSO

Wow - I never expected to many responses to my original question, but now I am more confused that ever. It seems like asking about binoculars has turned into a discussion about digital cameras. Personally, I think I veiw the binoculars as a tool for “inspecting” while the camera is mostly for “documenting”. So, in addition to the couple of ‘binocular’ responses, are there any others on that subject?

Frank,

A camera with a 10-12x optical zoom and and 5 Mpixel image can do agreat job.

I use both.

One to easlily scan and one to document.

Frank,

I own binoculars that can take a digital image. The problem is what you view through the binocs is not the image you recieve. It’s about 1/2 to 3/4 (at best) of the magnifying power of the binocs. That is why I posted about the camera. I use it as binoculars when I have to (“inspecting” and not just “documenting”) and get better images and resolution from my camera than my binoculars and I can instantly view the image to make sure it’s in focus etc. The example I posted concerning the slate roof helped me to put an end to an argument with a contractor who stated he could effectively repair that roof without replacing it. I was able to zoom in close enough from the street to prove that even the wrong nails had been used. I used the camera to inspect AND document. I couldn’t do this with my binoculars.

For the money and use, you are better off purchasing a higher quality camera than binoculars. If you’re not concerned about capturing an image through binoculars then by all means buy a good set of them.

Just my opinion.

I have a good camera, so will just invest in a reasonably good pair of binoculars for use when needed.

Thanks

What you SEE is what you get.