Bonding screws in Siemens panels

Twice this week I’ve seen newer Siemens sub panels that appear to have their bonding screws still in place. From what I’ve been able to find these ship with the screw in place but not tightened. Looking at these panels though they don’t appear backed out.

So from those who may know more than I do am I missing something here, or are these incorrect installations?

1 Like

You’re correct, in a sub-panel the screw should be removed and thrown away (OK maybe save it for another job). This amounts to a clueless installer and I’m guessing no electrical inspection.

1 Like

Thanks Robert! I was hoping you’d see this one :wink: Seeing the same thing back to back just made start doubting myself.

1 Like

I have come across the same situation. The bonding screw was still in place but backed out.
IMG_0680

1 Like

Scott, that’s what I’m accustomed to seeing as well. These two were seated in there. Personally I don’t like the loose screw sitting there in a sub panel, it seems to tempt knuckle daggers to tighten it. Just pull the darn thing out. Funny enough one instance was new construction, had stripped screws in the cover, doubled neutrals, and an inspection sticker…

2 Likes