Call Back

Originally Posted By: vsantos
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I completed an inspection last week and my client left me a message wanting me to possibly come back to the home and check on various repairs made by the seller.

What percentage of your original fee do you folks charge for this service?

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

Depends on the repairs, as well as how many. I never crawl under a home for less than a 100.00. Also be sure to suggest new owner get all reciepts of repairs so they will call them and not you if there is a problem. May want to think about another inspection agreement to cover for hidden parts of the repairs.

Originally Posted By: sspradling

At least 50 dollars for a return trip, depends on how many items are checked and location of the house.

Stu

Originally Posted By: dbush

I’m with Stu. Depends on how many items are being re-inspected and if they are “walk through” or crawl, attic, electrical panel, etc.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

I sent an e-mail to my client asking him to send me a list of the items that have been repaired and the licensed contractor who did the repairs. I also advised him to get copies of the receipts for his own records.

I decided to charge 1/3 the original fee.

Originally Posted By: jpope

I used to charge very little, if at all. I’ve changed that policy to;

$150 per hour with a minimum of one hour and billed at half hour increments after that.

They usually write the check pretty quickly and I'm on my way. They also have less of a tendency to follow me around asking questions ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Do you use your typical contract when conducting this type of inspection?

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jeff P,

Do you find the client taking up the entire hour so they get their $150 worth, or do they just run through with you?

BTW....Good advice, I am willing to bet it works as well as you state it does! ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

--
Joe Myers
A & N Inspections, Inc.
http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

? the original fee. I do about 2 per week.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

I include a pre-closing walkthrough with my original fee, but I charge high for the original inspection… Only about half the time do I have to do a pre-closing walk through.

Will Decker

Decker Home Services

Skokie, IL 60076

wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: lwillick

Call Outs;

We charge a minimum of $200.oo. This is a business and we treat it accordingly.

Regards

larry icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am going to re-inspect tomorrow. I have another question for you all.

Do you use your standard contract or do you have a contract made specifically for re-inspections?

Originally Posted By: jspringstead

Vince: I get a fair amount of requests for a reinspect on items noted in my report. Most of the time, its the realtor requesting it. My minimum fee is $ 100.00, but more often than not, I tell them that a nice testimonial on their letter head will suffice, their usually ecstatic and my testimonial file grows thicker! Just more marketing. Also, I give them a verbal on the findings. If they want it in writing, another signed contract and larger fee.

Thanks John,

I think I am going to add the following line to my contract.

This is a re-inspection and all items, other than those listed in the actual report, are excluded from this inspection.

What do you think?

Originally Posted By: jspringstead

Everything helps to CYA. I always try to put myself in my clients shoes. We’re trying to make their home purchase an informed decision. That’s why I always suggest additional inspections, well, septic, radon, etc. Not only does it make my trip more profitable, it makes them ( my client ) more educated and informed. Don’t ya just love doing that! Going back to make sure items noted are repaired just makes them more comfortable with their decision.

By the way, keep me informed when something is going on with NACHI down there please. Doesn’t appear we have anything active way “up North” here. I’d love to get together with other members and share experiences and ideas! Heading to Grad parties, have a great Sunday afternoon! John

John,

I believe we have a SW Michigan chapter.

I would like to attend the next meeting as long as it is on a Saturday, way too much going on during the week with me.