Canadian inspector challenge.

No fair editing your posts Robert. Shame, shame! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr. Jonas.
You abuse your INACHI privileges ALWAYS!!
It a wounder*** small mined thinkers*** as yourself are put in charge of such ETHICAL TASKS.
Just making sure all INACHI FREE AND ETHICAL THINKERS SEE YOU FOR THE PERSON YOU ARE.
YOU MAKE IT SO EASY.:mrgreen:

Here is an update on our progress. We are still waiting for acceptance back from the government. We have just started compiling volunteers, chairs, co-chairs and members. We have had some trouble with the set ups so we hope all that are members have gone back to OntarioAchi and started filling out there profile information. This makes it much easier on Leonard to organize the different areas and me. You do not need a OOVOO account to be in you can be invited by me, Len or Scott.
We still have many areas of volunteers needed.
Thanks for the support so far.

You missed the most important part of my post: for no apparent reason

CMI on my Back?

It is a professional designation only.
I have no responsibility to anyone here.

Cheers

I have helped many in the field with no return. I would think that many CMI’s are in the same position and whether someone competes against us is not what we should be concerned about. Every avenue of inspection will have its good points and bad points. One not so good point is the constant questions asked by new ones but to be good in the public eye it is a must to help new ones to make a decision if this is what they want to do for a living.

I have no problem answering qestions, if I have an answer. I said I have no responsibility to anyone here.

Cheers

Thanks for your input Douglas.

I’m just curious…

Are you a “Canada CMI”, or, an “InterNACHI CMI” ???

They are not the same thing, unless something has changed recently.

Interesting… can you please explain more Thanks … Roy

What’s the difference?

Cheers

Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t the “Canadian CMI” a professional designation with no responsibilities except to one’s self and generally to the industry?

“InterNACHI CMI”, (and one Province, I forget which) as Kevin is indicating, also carries the RESPONSIBILTY of assisting and training other inspectors.

Perhaps now thay are both intermingled, but I believe this is where Kevin’s inferences are coming from.

News to me . I have never heard this before .
Can you show me where I can confirm this or is just a rumour… Thanks … Roy

The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), an Agency of Industry Canada has awarded a Trademark for Certified Master Inspector (C.M.I.).
The approval process took two-and-a-half years and was facilitated by Certified Master Inspector Roy Cooke of Ontario. The Master Inspector Certification Board thanks Roy Cooke, CMI, for his efforts.
The mark is listed under the CIPO index: *Residential, commercial and environmental inspection services. *The mark is also a Registered U.S. Federal Certification mark.
Throughout the world, Certified Master Inspector (CMI) is the inspection industry’s top professional designation.

Appearantly you are the expert on this subject, so you should be educating us. All I can tell you is that I have seen Canadians using a CMI designation long before they became involved with InterNACHI.

Besides, according to Nick Gromicko himself, the InterNACHI CMI is strictly a marketing designation anyway.

So, I turn the conversation over to your expertise for clarification, Roy. Have at it.

I’m out, for now.

I did not make the statement you did and when asked for clarification you get smart
Unfortunately this is typical of you … Roy

All I can tell you is that I have seen Canadians using a CMI designation long before they became involved with InterNACHI.

Would you please show us where you saw this or is it just another figment of your imagination

Typical of you to turn this into something it is not. You only questioned me on this, because it was me doing the talking. You and Robert need to get over yourselves.

As a Canadian, you should be aware of your competition. Check out their websites, and look at the fancy letters you guys like to place behind your names. That is where you will see it being used.

Excuse me but it was you who made statements you refuse to back up It was you who said I was the expert .
You will have a hard time finding where I said I was a CMI expert .
You will have a hard time finding where I have not supported NACHI,CMI,and the Canadian Home Inspectors .
You say I should Help well Jeffery again I think you will have a hard time finding some one who does more for the Canadian/American Home Inspector then I have and continue to do.
What have you done lately to help our industry besides belittling many Canadians .
Now might be good time for you to get the chip of your shoulder and start helping and stop ridiculing others …
The choice is yours
…Again I say
*“Unfortunately some have little info on what is going on behind the scenes.” *

Jeffery:

Kevin is of that opinion. I don’t agree
Very simple
Cheers

Perhaps Jeffrey confuses CMI designation with Canadian CMHI designation, which some people use without indeed being certified as such. This is one example of the Mississauga inspector, who is not a CMI, neither is CMHI, but successfully uses this termin on his website for years.
http://bluerayhomeinspectors.com/about.html

Douglas,
And I would agree with you.
Thanks.
Jeff

Yuri,
That could very well be.
As you know, I am a US Inspector, not Canadian, and my focus is not on Canadian designations, but, this should have you wondering… since it is all about perceptions, what do your fellow average Canadians perceiving when they are searching for an inspector?
Thanks,
Jeff