Canadian inspector challenge.

Hi Jeff, I don’t see any need for discussion here! We are using oovoo (which I have explained is a skype like program …it is not crap but a useful tool) to interact with others because our province is so vast.
There will be area meetings and large scale meetings but for right now we are doing exactly what you think we are NOT doing.
We are listening to the members who have signed up, we are documenting what they would or would not like with the association.
We are presently waiting for our NFP incorporation approval…so we are on the move …we have set up committees and have some BOD members in place but this isn’t going to happen overnight!
As a chapter president (which you are) you should be more understanding of the amount of time and effort that is involved.
We have to start from scratch from website to all of the governance and policies and procedures. Our members are indeed telling us what they want and we are implementing what we can for now.
Yes other associations have failed here but they have in the US as well and these are For Profit Associations!
Nick has been very gracious with us as he was with our brothers in Alberta…but we have to do the leg work!
We have seen why the others have failed …their own personal agendas (IMO) we won’t make that mistake.
Jeff I really appreciate your advice and I get where you are coming from…really!
One thing we would like to do as an association at some point this year, is have a chapter meeting in Niagara Falls (either side) with our American brothers to celebrate our success and the success of our two countries as trading partners and friends for the last 200 years (since the war of 1812)
We do have ideas and we stand back and look each week at our progress and take time out to think first and act later.
Thanks for your input.

We have been able to get several “Certified Master Inspectors” on board. Some are brain storming already. We have been asking for people to fill out the full profile so it is easy for the members to get in touch with each other. This way they can achieve satisfaction of partnering now with other HI’s in there area. Two minds are better than one and three working on a project is even better.
No one has been forced to volunteer and no one is forced to have OOVOO set up, they can be invited. When we have a meeting we will find some way to get all to listen as we make decisions as a group.
A rope is a great analogy of this.
Ropes are made of many strands to make them strong. That is what we plan to do with OntarioAchi. Make it strong and then have as many participating to make that group on the rope so strong no other Association will try to play tug of war with us.:smiley:

I wish you all the best of luck. I sincerely hope you succeed. I just wanted to bring something to your attention that many just skim over without giving any thought to.

Being a member of many associations, a chapter President, nine year running President for a homeowners/landowners association… I know very well the challenges you have in front of you. I also know what can happen if things get by you on the way.

Just trying to help. Good luck.

Hi Jeffrey (is Jeff ok?)
I appreciate your input, I see where you were going. I think we’re ok on this point.

Cheers,

Mark

I don’t know what the fuss is about either, I think Jeffrey asked a reasonable question, and was given an answer, end of story! You’d think wouldn’t you, but old arguments seem to have flowed in here. However I think he asked a reasonable question in what is your back up plan, it may be that people are signing up and not giving an oovoo ID for a reason, they need to speak up and say why they aren’t giving their ID. I can’t begin to speculate, so they need to be the one’s that speak of any concern they have so that the board can address it.

We actually have quite a few that have volunteered and many are on OOVOO Kathleen. The only area that does not have it is in the members section of OntarioAchi.
I think there is a bit of a learning curve for wordpress that some may need help with and that includes me. Don’t forget it has only been three weeks since starting and Nick thinks we are cruising just fine.

There is a learning curve for everyone involved Kevin, and I believe part of that curve is listening to all constructive criticism and advise given to you, that is all that I see Jeffrey giving here, advise. I am on the slow side with technology, and things have to be explained maybe a little more for me in that side of things, I am sure there are many others in the same place as me.

I try to look at every INCHI member being A RESOURCE AND HAVING INDIVIDUAL SKILL SETS to offer others Kathleen.
Each members offering differs but relatively the same in objective.
Methods differ.
Method has to be learned by some but is mostly personal and personality, self verbiage.
The subtle but explanatory approach being the best, ( opinion only ) but YES stern methods also narrated when need-be.
As for the member in question, he has been replied to by many Canadian members to STOP!! his obvious self idealogical methods of help.
Condescending approach demeans, belittles, irritates, and archives the opposite effect and shows the TRUE character or ( chair actor) of the individual.
Be patient you will be a target.

Sorry I was called away.
I will also say in his defense that he is highly intelligent, articulate, and has multatudes of HI educational resourses to offer INACHI members.
Focus and personal delivery are the skills that need to be addressed.
JMO

:roll::roll::roll:
Oy Vey!

Two more added volunteers yesterday. That puts us at 10 and this is not bad for 3 week’s in.
Thank’s again for all the support OntarioAchi members.
We are still looking for more so don’t make us wait too long.:smiley:

I got sick of being contacted for no apparent reason every time I connected to the internet…
That’s why I don’t have oovoo anymore

Cheers

You are sick of getting contacted?:shock:
What do you think your responsibility will be having the CMI designation on your back.

See what I mean!!

.No.

“Unfortunately some have little info on what is going on behind the scenes.”
Words well said.

So your vision and concern is so great that you do not get involved.:roll:

Canaan HI association, and governmental concerns you know of,by comparison of you nine year association, yet you have not gotten directly involve.
" I wish you all the best of luck.":roll:
Your wishes and not constant condescending attitude.:roll:
I hope it is genuine. I truly do!!
You only see what other tell you. " unsubstantiated hearsay " yet you come into the CANADIAN thread only involved with ( oovoo? )":roll:

" Being a member of many associations, a chapter President, nine year running President for a homeowners/landowners association… I know very well the challenges you have in front of you. I also know what can happen if things get by you on the way."

I see president mentioned twice. See your mindset!!:cool:

Yes those landlord, homeowners and home inspection chapters are so alike. :roll:

Yes the correlation between the two almost mirror each other.

So wishes of luck, and knowing what they are about to confront.REAL HELP THEY NEED THROUGH PERSONAL INVOLVEMENT.
All but words,( good luck) empty.:twisted:
Only the cynical investor](http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=the%20cynical%20of%20saying%20you%20will%20help&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecynicalinvestor.net%2F&ei=zeIhT7niM-HY0QHXpM27CA&usg=AFQjCNHtxyZiVe59Pmo0srAZYqOriZnIhA&cad=rja) that has had a good go at every Canadian freethinker.:twisted:
I correspond with them.

So Mr. Jonas. When you start playing on the level playing field of reality and being genuine with concerns through personal involvement and not back seat driving from 3000 moles away about issues that conern you, well be the day you start earning those BLUE CHIP personal awards by many.
See there main goal is public, personal, govermantal transparentcy.
Something you have yet to be or see.:cool:

Hmmm. :-k

Thanks. saved!!
Nothing like a personal INACHI screen shot Jeffrey.
Its like you do it willingly.:slight_smile:
Nice to have my points made for me.

Nice to see you have ***administration rights to InterNACHI ***
POSTINGS BEFORE THEY ARE PUBLISHED or errors that have not yet been corrected being published.
Hmmmm…
You are on every word yet I do not see that post?
PS. Nor does anyone else.
See I was correcting my errors YET, you publish it to do what exactly.
BREAK YOUR COE? ESOP?
My turn to sceen shout this one. The whole page.

Thanks MATE!!

Unfortunately some well educated people do not know when to keep their mouth shut …