Cash for Clunkers?

Bull!

I was trying to be nice Kenn:mrgreen:

They took our money, gave it back to us and will charge taxes on it, which we will pay again. The fact that you people cannot see that, explains how a totally inexperienced politician was able to lie his way into the whitehouse. Scary stuff. :roll:

Only if you bought a car under the program, Ken. What kind did you buy?

I have a step brother who owns a towing company, and a cousin who hauls junk cars (Not always junk they are sometimes just cars that nobody wants anymore.)

both have seen a decline in available salvage cars.

Im not against the small car dealer. I just find it funny that in the attempts to keep the economy going we are offering programs that are more targeted at keeping big business from failing (this program sold cars for GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota…), meanwhile small owner operations are closing.

I notice you missed one question (go figure) :roll:

So if it was wrong to snipe at Bush, why is it right to snipe at someone else? A big part of the problem is your first statement. Yes, it is a game, rather than public service.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

If I ever posted something that originated from the China Daily, you’d have me branded an outright communist.

But you defended John (and wmd) by saying the story of the Chinese flag came from that publication. Had it been Kevin or BK to post something like that, you would have been all over them.

Shhhh…

Don’t tell anyone. Perhaps it Reganomics all over again. :sarcasm:

You do bring up a good point, about this socialst, liberal program proping up big business. Quite ironic if you think about it.

Originally Posted by rmaday http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
Do you hope Obama fails?

Real smart. It is your type of thinking that may hold up our nation. Your guy did not win, so get the power back at all costs. And don’t think of going off on me, because you have no idea who I voted for or support. But your wishing that a president fails(no matter who that is at the time) is just unpatriotic to me. Real smart.

What I defended was the fact that WND was not the originator of the story. I did defend WND beyond that. Get it?

To your question:

If he fails we are all screwed. Get it?

So does that mean you want America to become a communist nation? If you do, then that is as unpatriotic as can be!

Wrong Michael, if he does not fail, we’re all screwed!

It’s cool we are just looking at it from different directions.:cool:

John is right. Cash for clunkers is a scam. Bob is wrong, dealers havn’t seen any gov funds and the last I saw yesterday is they probably won’t for a year or more. If any one truly thinks the gov can run anything then they need to check the facts, not the blogs or popular opinoin. And I mean government. Not Left. Not right. Not Rep. Not Dem.(especially). They are all corrupt and all need to be elected out of office. Start fresh in 2010 with all new people. No incumbents. At all.

Instead of giving away trillion of dollars to private industry, why not just give $40,000 dollars to each person in the US, requiring them to buy a new car or use the money toward a home, now that would stimulate the economy. Oh I forgot, the federal government doesn’t have a savings account, it’s our money anyway. HA.
We the taxpayers gets screwed either way.

No Ken, I do not wish for a communist state, as I assume you don’t. However, hoping for a president to fail, which would send this country even further into the abyss, no matter who the president would be at the time, is just completely moronic. Have a good night.

Oh, and STILL no retraction. ;-):mrgreen:

Again, anyone using china Daily as their source in not credible, IMO. :roll:

Save your keystrokes, Ian - The logic is lost on some.

Hope this helps dis-spell any doubts.
cash for clunkers.pdf (200 KB)

We were not in the Abyss before he was elected, but will be soon if he succeeds. To say I wish he would succeed would make me wishy washy and someone might accuse me of being a liberal. I do not agree with what he is doing to America, so I hope his agenda fails miserably, and so should you. Sweet dreams

Well, it may have been a financial disaster for the American taxpayer but . . . on the upside, it did get rid of a lot of Obama-Biden bumper stickers!