Chimney Day Yesterday

I had a few issues with chimnies yesterday.

I don’t recall clay flues being that expensive.

Maybe it was just me. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

*Now someone needs to find a SKINNY plaster’er to cote the inside! :mrgreen: *

Carl, do they make a refractory cement base plaster?
I, recommend you do the repairs. ha. ha.

If you look carefully, besides missing one whole section at the top, there is an 8" piece missing below that top one.

Below the roof line to boot, and a wood stove in the basement.

The basement and the garage, 102 photos, 3 hours on-site 3 hrs of report and probably anothe 2 hrs tonight.
Not going to make to much money on this one.

Looked good on the MLS. ha. ha.

I said a [size=7]SKINNY plaster’er!:wink: [/size]

Do they make a refractory cement base plaster?

That I do not know!

How does one get the attachments to open, so one can see Marcel’s delights?

I had the same problem, Richard.:frowning:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Well, don’t know what happened guys, but will try to repost them later, I am trying to finish a report.ha. ha.

what are You trying to keep secret Marcel…I can’t open the links…jim

I’ll be goddard what happen, but here they are again. ha. ha.

Carl Brown saw them, because he responded.

Just finished the report, the client just picked it up.

32 pages and 64 pictures add to the report. 1,200SQ. ft. house and 1,000 sq. ft. garage and 1,200 sq. ft. basement with all kinds of goodies. ha. ha.

Hope this time it goes through.

Didn’t make any money time wise on this one. ha. ha.

Ah well, charge more for the next one.

well they were worth the wait Marcel …those were a couple of ugly chimneys…just my opinion of course…thanks…jim

For the Petrochemical industry…Yes.

http://kraemergunite.com/

For Residential…

Cast-in-Place liner:

http://mhschaefer.com/chimneys.htm_txt_news.h4.gif

Cast-in-place liners are constructed of a lightweight cement like product that is installed inside the chimney. A smooth seamless, insulated passageway is formed for venting flue gasses. This type of liner not only provides a proper venting system it also adds structural integrity to the chimney. Cast-in- place liners are typically considered the best type of liner to install. They are safe, permanent and suitable for all fuels.
Diagram #2 shows how a cast-in-place liner is installed. An inflatable tube or bladder is inserted through the chimney and is pressurized with air, expanding it to the proper size required for venting. A lightweight concrete type mix is then pumped into the chimney, filling the voids around the bladder. Once the mix has adequately set, the air is removed from the bladder deflating it so it can be removed from the chimney.
If you have an older chimney and plan on having a new liner installed, make sure you use a qualified reputable company with references. Remember, even a chimney with a new liner needs proper maintenance. We recommend you contact a certified member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) to establish a maintenance program and schedule for your home’s chimneys.