Originally Posted By: mzwerin
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Had an interesting situation on this morning’s inspection. In a 1959 house with a “seemingly correct” City Water hookup, I found the all too common sulfur smell coming out of all the sinks, showers etc. when testing out the plumbing conditions.
I hate too appear too novice, but what could cause this?
1) The the city water meter was moving when I had lots of water running in the house.
2) The smell dissipated after maybe 15 minutes of running the water.
3) Hot water tank had been turned off at the main service panel; took more than 40 minutes to produce hot water.
4) Hot water tank is 21 yrs. old, though in "clean" condition.
5) The home has a well hook-up for the irrigation system.
Opinions, explanations, comments, jokes?