CMI Application

Very confusing!

You said:

**“Most (if not all) home inspectors in licensed/regulated states automatically
qualify for the CMI designation.”

**Slick Willie once said he “did not have sex with that woman.”
He redefined the English language after he was through explaining what he meant, and
how the entire planet did not understand what they thought he just said…:roll:

Ignore Bowman. Just another fumbled attempt to be relevant.

Several of you are treating this CMI as a higher designation or the next step to prominence or recognition. Something that is meant to be superior to a NACHI Full or Working Inspector.

Is that the purpose of the CMI or is it just a simple designation that was created to assist in the raising of fees.

Several states have made it law, or mandated that an individual must complete High School to qualify for Licensure. This law or mandate now becomes part of the education process of a Home Inspector which far exceeds the 1000 hour criteria as outlined by the CMI organization.

I don’t understand why you gentlemen are so against NACHI members qualifying for the CMI designation.

You are, indeed, a buffoon.

Mr Bowman,
I hope that any member of any HI organization, who meets the application requirements, actively seeks CMI designation.
I have a standing offer to any NACHI member, that I will assist them in filling out the CMI application. Although it is very self explanatory.

I do question your judgment and reasoning ability in equating continuing education with secondary education. It may be that you don’t know the difference.

The New CMI President may want to define “inspection-related” education, are ICC Classes related, carpentry schools, plumbing schools, Electrical Courses, Business courses. soils, concrete, and many more educational programs that do effect someones knowledge and ability to perform Inspections, much more than relying only on the number of inspections performed or time in business.

Would a Master Electricians 8000+ hours of training count?

If you have 1000+ Inspections and have been in business for 3 years+, why would you pay $375 for a Logo that only says the same thing?

It is a voluntary program. If someone does not see the value in it than they are free to make that decision, just as someone who sees an intrinsic value and if they meet or exceed the criteria they can chose to participate. Chose for yourself the path you want or pass it by. No one should think any less of someone for NOT becoming CMI nor should anyone belittle a program they chose not to participate in. Just that simple. The boat has sailed and one can either choose to catch in the next port or not.

Seeing as CMI is not part of NACHI then it is as open to ridicule as any other organization or association on this board, or is it truly another tier?

Lewis you seem to say a lot about The CMI .
Are you tying to convince others they should not become a CMI or are you jealous of those who have .
I just wonder why you have so much to say.
You do at times have some great thoughts but your fixation on CMI seems strange to me.
Do you like pi$$ing into the wind… Cookie

So John is saying that because High School grad is required to become licensed in some states, that it is a qualifier for CMI???

That doesn’t make sense.

Once again Roy, why would anyone be jealous of anyone with a Designation that they could have purchased for $75 without ever having performed an inspection, if someone has 1000 inspections or hours of education, along with 3 years in business, than why would they simply post that on their web sites and marketing, instead of paying $375 for a logo that says the same thing.

People tend to relate the designation “Master” with someone eminently qualified withing their field or profession, performing a certain number of inspections whether it’s 1 or 1000 doesn’t make an inspector a Master, the CMI designation only serves to make those who use it appear as con men or someone willing to use any ploy to increase their business.

All the discussion and calls for the implementation of CMI on this message board during the past an present demonstrate that CMI is a part of NACHI, if not as a legal entity, then as a group of members who wish to purchase a designation that makes them appear as something they are not and establishes CMI as a new Tier in the NACHI hierarchy

Is it true that there are those with the CMI designation that may never have performed an Inspection and who purchased the designation for $75? If it is then your CMI Board in acutality Certifies nothing except that the “check” has cleared the bank. Someone with no experience is not a Master, a Designation that allows them to claim such status is meaningless, other than of course as a deceptive Marketing Practice.

Everybody…send back your Masters Degree, we just found out they don’t mean anything.

There have been several times over the last week or so that I’ve totally agreed with Lewis. Not a place that I am entirely comfortable with. But so be it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above post. I don’t believe the dollar amount was ever $75, however, it was low and it was at a point at one time where I could have achieved CMI status.

However, I knew that if I applied for CMI it would have sounded the death knell for Nick’s project and would have ruined it for every other CMI out there since I didn’t have very much experience at the time. But I would have been a “MASTER INSPECTOR” just like Roy, John, Will, and whoever else is one. It would have wasted the money they put into it and proven the point that Lewis is making and the others who are taking his side as well.

Back then, even though I loved a good joust, I certainly didn’t want to rock the boat that much, however if I would have joined it would have shown the holes in the system and would have answered alot of questions and perhaps given alot of answers that would have allowed the current president to fix the system.

The state made the law, not me, not you, not the CMI. The State determined that you needed a High School Diploma to qualify as a Home Inspector. The State included that education in as a qualifier, much in the same way that states have included basic home inspection training schools as a qualifier.

The beauty behind this CMI designation is that the true qualifier is you the inspector/applicant. You set the bar, you determine if you qualify for the designation or not. Hence the use of the notarized affidavit. This removes the onus from Nick or (the cmi director) or anyone associated with the cmi organization. By notarized signature you are attesting to your own qualifications.

Once the affidavit is signed it is sent (along with a check) to NACHI Headquarters in Colorado. (Don’t forget a copy of your drivers license)…If the CMI director cashes your check - your in. If he returns your check - your out. The affidavit is probably put on file and wham, your a CMI. No mystery, no suspense, no certification board (per se), just a simple signature on a simple affidavit that carries all the burden of proof if needed.

There have been several times over the last week or so that I’ve totally agreed with Lewis. Not a place that I am entirely comfortable with. But so be it.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above post. I don’t believe the dollar amount was ever $75, however, it was low and the education was at a point at one time where I could have achieved CMI status.

However, I knew that if I applied for CMI it would have sounded the death knell for Nick’s project and would have ruined it for every other CMI out there since I didn’t have very much experience at the time. But I would have been a “MASTER INSPECTOR” just like Roy, John, Will, and whoever else is one. It would have wasted the money they put into it and proven the point that Lewis is making and the others who are taking his side as well.

Back then, even though I loved a good joust, I certainly didn’t want to rock the boat that much, however if I would have joined it would have shown the holes in the system and would have answered alot of questions and perhaps given alot of answers that would have allowed the current president to fix the system.

A Masers Degree is earned by study, thinking, and testing, unless of course you bought yours from one of the Diploma providers on the Internet who can provide a Diploma from almost any university and at any level, for a price. Just like a CMI designation.

Lewis I and I guess many others wonder why you have so much to say about the CMI you have gone on and on for so many posts . You just keep going around on the same subject . I wonder why you are trying to convince some one how bad it is . Those who haveinvested seem to be very satisfied with what they have but you and a few seem to just keep complaining none stop.
Can you tell me what you hope to accomplish with this useless banter.
In spite of your posts more are seeing the fruits of the CMI and it will keep growing.
Do you think now might be a good time to just let the CMI mature on its own with out your continuing to try and make those who are happy sad like you.

Cookie

LOL…damn Lewis, are you having your period?