COMING SOON: New Agreement System!

some of the cities around here want a WET signed copy of our roof certs and inspection forms…just a bunch of crap in my book!

The ISN is a great system and not a sham. The only problem I have with it is getting clients to sign up online!

I have been looking at this Kevin. It looks great. How is it working out so far?? :smiley:

It’s working out great. The staff at eInspections and the ISN are all true professionals. I have used the ISN for about two years and would not switch to anything else. It has so many features!

And, I love the click-n-sign system!

Kevin

Kevin, how do you entice clients to sign up (book) on-line? I end up entering client data myself, which defeats the purpose.

My thoughts exactly. The ISN is a phenomenal system and the staff provide great technical support. I have also used the ISN for almost two years and highly recommend it.

Agents and lenders keep the paper companies in business. I only use 6. Costs me about one cent to print off my agreement. Buyer not there? I state in my reports and agreement that signed check for payment verifies understanding, recieving, and reading of the agreement, whether it is emailed or signed at the inspection. Anything that keeps you off the computer/internet is one step in your favor of privacy. Oh. I guess you new guys know nothing about privacy.

Tyler, have you enabled the HIP/ISN feature for your website? It allows you to upload your reports to ISN and them to get directed to your site rather than the ISN. Same with contract signatures. It’s a rather new feature and hasn’t been officially announced yet.

Drew,

I used to answer my own phones and found it difficult to book inspections while in the field. When your busy doing inspections, it’s hard to stop what your doing and answer your phone to book an inspection. In addition, I was loosing business because I could not get back to the potential client or Realtor in time. So, I relied on the online booking system. At first I was using HG’s system, then switched to the ISN.

I had to train my referral network!! I made sure that everyone that sent me business on a regular basis knew about the system and how easy it was to schedule the inspection online. I just got people accustomed to using it.

Now that I use ACC to answer and schedule all of my inspections, online usage of the scheduling system has decreased a bit, but it does not matter to me because my inspection volume is up. I don’t have to worry about anwering my phone on an inspection or booking inspections. It’s all done for me!

However, a lot of my loyal referral base still like to use the online scheduling system, because it’s convenient and saves them time.

I think the bottom line is that it takes time for “Realtors” to get used to booking online. The potential clients that find you on the internet are less likely to book online because they want to speak to someone to be reassured they are making the right choice. I don’t really have that problem to much anymore. Most of my clients come from Agent or past client referrals. The people who search and find me on the internet, mainly call my office and schedule.

The online scheduling system is just one feature of the ISN.

Kevin

Right on! That has resulted in many delays for me even though it’s clearly spelled out and SO SIMPLE to do. For some reason people can’t seem to make it to that last step. I’m looking forward to the new system.

I am with you that it is a great system. I have had the ISN for about six months now and nothing has changed. I would like to use A C C, but I understand they are cost prohibitive unless you have tons of volume. I really don’t market to agents that much, and only have three that refer work to me regularly. I market primarily to the client by way of websites. (I have six) My point is I really don’t have the ability to train anyone.

The ISN is great, in fact I am working with Dan and Chris in developing one for contractors with recurring schedules, such as plumbers, landscapers, pest control, ect. This would help with their communications issues with clients. The have given me an ISN shell to work with for contractors.

Is there going to be a chance to create multiple types of agreement to send clients such as Commercial, residential, thermal, radon, and so on… Not all my inspections require the same agreement and this may allow for easier reading for clients Thanks for all you guys do behind the scenes.

Dominic, no I have not enabled that feature. I have seen the HIP website integration option in the ISN settings for report delivery but have not tried it. Does enabling this setting just change the URL that the reports and agreements are delivered from?

Changing the setting redirect the clients to your website http://www.edmontonhomeinspector.ca/ to pick up the reports rather than the ISN. It also send clients to http://www.edmontonhomeinspector.ca/ to digitally sign our contracts. It automatically creates all the pages for you. Check the box and you’re done. You can even upload your reports from HIP software to the ISN and then have it appear back on your site.

Kevin, do you have ACC setup so their data gets dumped automatically into the ISN? You can actually go ACC->ISN->HIP.

Chris is still working on the ACC/ISN sync feature, but from what I have been told he is very close to finishing it. I think it’s in the final stages of testing.

I’m not sure if it will go one step further, but if there is a way, Chris will figure it out. That dude is a genius!!

Kevin

It will automatically go one step further as the ISN->HIP is complete so once ACC->ISN is done the data will all flow automatically!

Looks like the new system is up but where is my custom agreement. I had the agreement reviewed and modified by an attorney but it’s no longer there and is replaced with the general NACHI agreement.

How to I edit/create a custom agreement that I can use each time?

Figured it out

Given my initial experiences with your new agreement system you will need a battalion of exterminators to handle the bugs. For example:

I sat down yesterday to send a contract to my Monday afternoon client and found that all of the many changes I had made in the default contract were gone. Poof! Disappeared!

I sent a message to Mount Olympus which Nick got on immediately, but it stopped there. Still no answer.

So I did the logical thing by attempting to cut the wording from an old agreement and paste it into the new interface. But, the cut and paste function is not allowed.

Whose idea of a stupid f’ing adolescent prank is this, anyhow???

Maybe I’m just cheap.

I use a free online scheduling tool. See it here:

Schedule your home inspection appointment.

Works great. Shows my availability in real-time. Can link to paypal for deposit or payment. Sends reminders, cancellation notices, thank you’s after the inspection…etc. Setting up service levels is easy, and you can link two services together as dependencies. Block-out vacations or time off.

If interested, I can help you get it setup.

I just signed up for it. No time yet to set it up.