Comment on gas plumbing?

What do you think of this? Technically it’s not supported properly I suppose.
Certainly does not look professional.

Zcs (4).JPG

Not even getting into the cords or insulation , I would say the pipe was up against the joists at one point and is now loose after not being supported properly, causing it to swing down from its own weight.

I hope you checked for leaks and recommended reattachment to the joists.

Just a guess but , I am thinking something was moved on the outlet or supply side to instigate the dropping , though it for sure was never hung right to begin with.

It’s well grounded??? and the installer wanted to pad the bill with all of those fittings
should have padded it more by properly supporting :twisted:

Wrong type of pipe (galv.) if it is gas it should be black pipe, improperly supported. The cables are not properly supported either. In addition, the pipe has unnecessary connections a sign of unprofessional work.

Wrong type of pipe (galv.), not properly supported. The yellow cable

I actualy have no problem with galvanized used for gas.

The chemicals in gas which used to break down the pipe are generaly not used anymore from what I have read.

Black pipe is just cheaper.(though I can just see some guy trying to tap in his ice maker with a saddle valve).

Makes for a fun icemaker.CSST may have been a better option.

I’m guessing that there was a remodel and that an appliance was moved to a different location.

Galvy for gas would be a no go in my area.

I like it. It’s decorative and funtional. The creative use of the couplings and nipple to extend one side is inventive. I give it an 8.

When I was running gas line for Sears , I have had Galvanized recommended to me as a good way to run in ground by Gas Company Employees , so it may depend on when and where.(of course this was before many of the other options came into play.)

Thanks for the input.
It was actually for a gas fireplace addition. I guess the stone mason installed the gas line;) .

I did remove my mask to make sure I couldn’t detect any gas odors.

The wire was cable TV.

I bet thats what he had to work with.

Lots of (90’s) and no straight couplings.

Galv is allowed by the CPC. The pipe must be at least 6" above grade - it cannot be touching the ground, regardless of the vapor barrier.

The installation is completely unprofessional, which is enough reason for me to call for corrections.

Galvanized isn’t allowed down here. Also black steel cost 3 or 4 times as much.

Black pipe is much cheaper than galvanized, which is why I have used it in many of my art projects, including the car seat I have transformed into a Bar stool and am sitting on right now.

Looks like someone got a deal on elbows to me. :smiley:

You’re right with the price Bob. That’s changed from what is was a few years ago. But that’s when it was made in the USA.

oh cmon…why so tuff guys… you must give credit for style points…why if you hung some lights from that it could be down right ornamental…I actually bought a house one time that had about 4000.00 worth of stainless pipe in the attic in large squares till it got to the right place to feed a through the wall furnace…turns out the guy worked for NASA and figured stealing the stuff from work was better than paying the 100 bucks it would cost to do it legally…what a country !!!..jim

Liquid flows into the pump as the cavity on the suction side expands and the liquid flows out of the discharge as the cavity collapses. The volume is constant through each cycle of operation.Positive displacement pumps, unlike centrifugal or roto-dynamic pumps, theoretically can produce the same flow at a given speed no matter what the discharge pressure. Thanks. Regards, Flame heating spares