Commercial inspections on NACHI.TV

Hi Joe,

I can tell you that even if this were a viable option I would not want to go that route, here are my reasons.

• Firstly I cannot teach anyone how to inspect commercial buildings from one hands on inspection of a structure in Denver, the scope of building styles is just too vast to make hands on practicle,
  • Secondly, based on the above I really want to teach the logic & methodology of commercial inspections rather than cramming systems at you,
  • Thirdly, the NACHI TV series will be designed to show an overview of the principles involved, as I said before I am planning to run several 2 day courses around the country next year for those who having seen the NACHI TV intro and want to persue the opportunities further.
    I can tell you that what and how I teach this area is very different from what Carson Dunlop have been doing (and at a much better price) I will teach you how to make advantages of your strengths, and how to mitigate your weaknesses. I had a student at my first Commercial course in Myrtle Beach earlier this year who said he had got more real information out of 4 hours in my class than with 5 days of Carson Dunlop.

Seriously, take a look at the NACHI TV stuff, and I will give you enough information (free) in that class for you to make the decision as to whether you want to attend one of my (not free) commercial classes.

Regards

Gerry

I’m going to do whatever Gerry says. I’ve seen the post class surveys from his students.

What bat time and what bat channel can we see this?:smiley:

Gerry,

Of course, I will check out your series as I have heard that you are a good teacher and a refresher course never hurt anyone.

The hands-on idea was not mine, but I think it is a valuable way to teach some systems. I did not realize that instruction would fall to you, necessarily.

I understand the great difference in types of structures, but I had kind of guessed that the Commercial Inspection Training Center might include a few variations of materials, styles, and methods for just that reason.

As I stated before, I am already dong these and sub out the technical work. I would like to know more about exactly what the electrical and HVAC professionals are looking for (especially HVAC) and how to inspect some if these systems (restaurant refrigeration is another one).

Clearly, these are not beginner/intro items, and I don’t expect that my needs represent those of the membership at large. This is why I am a little disappointed that the hands-on free training will not come to fruition, but I understand and support your effort.

Thanks, as always!