Comp shingles: step flashing VS continuous

What probably happened, is the general contractor had the stucco/drivit crew install the roof to wall apron flashing along with their installation of the exterior insulating finish system coating.

Then it is on the General contractors baby! He should of had his ducks in a row and had the roofer there before the stucco contractor ever stepped foot on the job!

That is not part of the stucco contractors job!

A couple of reasons I said what I said is!

The roof if tile should be installed for the most part to get the building use to the weight before the stucco is done.

And the sheetrock installed for the same reason and to keep from cracking the stucco when it is installed.

See also:

http://www.professionalroofing.net/past/sept01/residential.asp

Schedules do not always work out.

The stucco/drivit contractor did the best that he could. The GC should have at least had the tile roof installer get the roof battens installed so the hubs could latch on to the top batten.

It becomes the stucco/drivit contractors job, if he wants to install his wall finishing product without future damage from an externally applied roof to wall apron flashhing.

I said, the stucco/drivit contractor did the best that he could, allowing for what he thought needed to be allowed for.

Ed

I was actually thinking of step-flashing for comp. shingles at roof to wall. Continuous pan flashing is OK with tiles at this area. 'Course they should both have counterflashing extending up behind the ext. wall covering.

Universal manufacturer’s recommendations. Best practices. It’s always required.