Confusion on deficiencies definitions

That is who my report is for. NOT the realtors. NOT the contractors. NOT the Sellers or anyone else!!
But… that is a business decision only you can make for yourself for your own Company!

1 Like

Great info here, Bob. Thanks!

Thank you for all this great information. I truly appreciate it.

1 Like

Brian is spot on here. I don’t use superlatives. Those are subjective and they’re always an opening for anyone challenging you. I always ask myself: Action Required or No Action required? That is to say that a leaking faucet is exactly the same as a cracked and bowing foundation. Use your narratives to describe the problem, possible impact and recommend an action.

3 Likes

I appreciate all of your suggestions and I will surely use different terminology when I’m finally in the field and working. I guess I’m curious as to WHAT InterNACHI wants to see in these practice inspection reports. They said they would e-mail me. Has anyone else gone through this? I’d really like to know how I scored before doing more inspections.
Also, I cannot find an e-mail, or better yet, phone number to call to try to get this squared away. Does anyone have that info?
Thank you!!

When I turned in my mock inspections I did not hear a peep from anyone.

You can post one on this forum and get plenty of feedback. Just have some thick skin because you will hear it like it really is.

1 Like

Thanks Brian. I sent them a fast reply inquiry about the mock inspection. Did you have a key or something to see how inspection was graded?
I’ll post the inspection tomorrow and get ready to see the responses!
Thanks for your response.
Tim

As I mentioned, I did not hear back from anyone. I assumed no news was good news.

Good point!!

I’d have to agree with Brian, no news is good news! I never heard anything either.

Unfortunately I don’t think anyone looks at them, let alone grades them. Turning in 5 mock inspections is just a formality. I could be wrong but I know that’s how it used to be.

1 Like

Well that cheers me up. Thanks guys.

The prefer emails to phone calls.

You may want to try your Education Team at education@internachi.org for this and specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors .

2 Likes

Thank you Larry, I will.

1 Like