CPSC Recall

“Perceived Value” is awesome to any industry or marketing plan.

True.
Detractors do not take that into account or put it in the mix.

This is why I mentioned Joe going to a meeting and asking Agents in person what they think means nothing as he is not marketing it.

There is a big difference .

And the right home inspector will do a thorough job?

Why do those who seem to take issue with the service and complain about all the threads regarding the service continue to comment on all the threads and even start new ones?

Very interesting? :slight_smile:

Some questions are impossible to answer .

Since you are using this public thread to** SPAM** your products…

I will take the oppourtunity to comment that “Perceived” is a word often shrouded in lies and deceit.

Just sayin’.

(Robert… that is not an attack on you!)

Most inspectors have said they Only check 1 or 2 items, and leave the rest up to the client. How is that providing a better service?

Who is most? I bet most do between 9-12 built in appliances depending on if the are present or not.

We are here to speak for the ones who are afraid to stand up against shady practices encouraged by new vendors. It’s a vetting process which is sometimes protracted and tedious. I receive numerous communications from members that thank us for our efforts.

“Most” are the sample of inspectors that have posted on this message board, in various threads; that have stated they only check a limited number (few) appliances and provide the link for their client to complete the process if they desire.

Just because some members do not like the vendors personality of style does not make this a shady service. You saying something is shady does not make it shady. What is there to vett? Any member who wants information can call and get everything they need to make a decision about the service.

It’ really simple…It is either something you choose to offer or don’t. You may not like the marketing done by the vendor, but so what, it’s his business to market and not yours.

As for all the implications that it is not being legally offered in some areas, please. The only reason that it has been implied and no proof has been shown is because none was found. Believe me if there was it would have been splashed all over this message board.

I could care less if someone chooses to use the service or not, but I can’t for the life of me understand how someone would think offering it is a bad thing.

The only thing protracted and tedious going on is the personality differences that I seriously doubt are ever going to see eye to eye.

Use it or don’t, but get over it already.

The exact same can be said for (users)… you… and Juan… and Bob… and Waldo… :roll:

You haven’t heard me complain once about all these threads, sorry. Still offering my opinion which is use it or don’t.

Where’s Waldo? :slight_smile:

These are all valid points however people (the public) should all be aware that anyone can go to http://www.cpsc.gov/ and look up any item or appliance they wish to for free. Yes RC may do it for you and also keep up with current recalls but in no way makes any inspector that uses this service better in any way shape or form than an Inspector who does not. Anyone who thinks an inspector who does this for their clients is somehow a better inspector is mistaken and being fed a bunch of junk. Like I said it Might be a good service, but it has nothing to do with the quality and thoroughness and skills of the inspector.

As far as guarantees for future issues go, well that has been an issue forever. Realtors have come up with a partial solution to this. Most if not all Realtors I deal with offer a home owners warranty through a 3rd party independent company. These types of warranties are highly recommended and our company actually has a clause in our client agreements that states that we have explained the importance these warranties to our clients and advised them to talk to their agent about obtaining one.

We believe that a Professional, thorough and unbiased Inspection should be performed by a truly Independent Inspector. This means that the unbiased inspector has no financial interest in whether the sale goes through or not. There is no reason for anyone that has any financial interest is the sale of a property to be involved in anyway, shape or manner in the Inspection process. This will eliminate all possible shenanigans and foul play. I will not argue that some (even many) agents could be totally on the up and up, as even I have my A list I work with on a daily basis, but it would still be best for the public to choose their own Home Inspector with no influence from anyone who gains from the sale.

Now I know many will disagree and I would be willing to bet all that do disagree are involved in some way with making money off the sale of the property. As the client who simply wants a true, unbiased assessment of the property with no outside motivated influence, doesn’t it make good sense?

All people looking for an inspector I say, Go with your gut, do your own research do not fall for tricks and gimmicks on such an important decision.

Jim

All valid points, none of which I can see has to do with offering this service. Maybe I’m wrong though.

Sorry you feel like you have to silence people that don’t agree with you. Did you try the ignore feature located in your control panel???

Who am I trying to silence? My observation was that there where complaints about the proliferation of threads regarding this topic yet these people continue to comment on them.

I have no reason to silence anyone. I could really care less if someone uses it or not. Yes I am a satisfied client, but that doesn’t mean you would be.

It’s my opinion and mine only that this has nothing to do with the service, but a dislike for the vendor of the service.

I’m sure there are many that dislike you and me as well, should we start multiple topics on that also :slight_smile:

Stay warm Linas, cuz I know it’s cold up there :slight_smile:

Troy, I really have nothing negative to say about RC itself, as I have said in a ton of posts. I actually think it can be a useful tool for homeowners. My issue is the constant BS Nathan keeps posting like in this thread he wrote; “There’s one way to get it…Use the right home inspector!”
What a bunch of marketing bullhookie. Use RC or not, but either way does not make you the 'Right Inspector". A new kid that has Never completed even 1 inspection can sign up with RC and Nathan will put him in the “Right Inspector” category ? come on, that is a flawed statement with absolutely no validity to it. What that inspector would really be is a newbie that bought Nathans marketing spiel hook line and sinker, but in no way is a positive, or negative reflection on that inspectors actual ability as a home inspector.

Jim

It’s just marketing Jim. You see it everywhere, do you believe everything that you see marketed to you? Do really think someone would market their product or service by saying our service is just alright?