Crown Molding for base

My wife would be a little miffed I posted that picture before her Saturday dust and mop. Good thing she isn’t a forum member:D

I was going to point out the dust. I value my life too much to do such a thing. They always find out.

“The trim is not functioning as intended”…

Are we on Candid Camera here?

Using crown molding for base trim is no more a defect than painting an entire property puke green.

Our clients are not blind in most cases.

why even go there?

Yep, continuous moldings are not holding up the ceiling as intended, but instead, is holding down the floor system. Recommend further review by a licensed structural engineer.

I would never write up trim - however, a pink toilet makes the report every time!

Not here…unless it leaks, is loose, or continues to run after flushing!

Matter of fact, I just inspected a pink toilet last week! :mrgreen:

I always find a lot of dust under refrigerators and stoves. Im going to start recommending removing all kitchen appliances!!!

I totally agree with Jude, Juan, Paul, etc. This is a ludicrous post.

If I was selling my house and got presented with a report calling this a defect AND recommending repair OR replacement, I would laugh myself silly AND assume the inspector had no construction background; had no formal training; had no idea what was significant OR what was cosmetic SO was talking about whatever fell out of his mouth; OR was letting the buyer lead him by the nose. I’d reject the report and probably the contract at that point.