DDN Closes its Doors

To all Inspectors/Builders:
Due to the continuing decline of the construction markets, government intervention in the foreclosure process, and frivolous lawsuits filed against the company, DDN Services has ceased operations effective today. We no longer have any staff to accept your calls.

We have been operating using a line of credit since April and that line of credit has now been exhausted and we have no further funds on which to operate. The December 15th and December 30th inspector payables cannot be released or mailed for this reason. We regret this occurring, but have made every effort to develop new business for the last 2 years and have exhausted our financial resources. We do not anticipate being able to make further payments to inspectors.

I heard a rumor a while back. I guess it was true.

This is gonna hurt a few inspectors that do/did a lot work for them. Too bad… they were good to work with.

That sucks, I had over $160 due. ;-{

I got the same email - thats too bad - I really liked the staff and working for them - too bad I also have about $120 due from them -

My last jobs with them, before I left St. Louis and moved out into the equivalent of a third world country, I did several really big commercial projects for them. A shopping mall that paid $275 per visit (every 2 weeks) and a 7 story office building with a three story adjacent garage that paid $180 per vixit (every 2 weeks) and each project lasted for many months. Started out with the $45 new house thing and did that for a year or two and then moved commercial.

They were good folks. I hope they regroup and get another good business started.

WOW…Glad I got that message before I left…was booked this am to do 2 that were assigned Friday…To bad I was looking foward to this inspection as its a huge project. About 12000 sq/ft mansion.

Oh and they still owe me $$$ damn.

This is what I got:
To all Inspectors/Builders:
[FONT=Arial]Due to the continuing decline of the construction markets, government intervention in the foreclosure process, and frivolous lawsuits filed against the company, DDN Services has ceased operations effective today. We no longer have any staff to accept your calls. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]We have been operating using a line of credit since April and that line of credit has now been exhausted and we have no further funds on which to operate. The December 15th and December 30th inspector payables cannot be released or mailed for this reason. We regret this occurring, but have made every effort to develop new business for the last 2 years and have exhausted our financial resources. We do not anticipate being able to make further payments to inspectors.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]We will send an email update on January 5th to provide a status update. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Doug Stuart[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]And they owe me $70.[/FONT]

I have 45 days worth of inspections, about 3K… Ouch…

The staff was real good and the support was very good. Sorry to see them go.

Dick

Got me for over $400.

They called me Friday with a rush job they needed by 4:00 PM. Offered double what they usually pay. I did it for them since it was in town anyway. Now I know why they were in such a rush. Got me for $250. They had to have know they were never going to pay. I wonder if NACHI can help out with a class action suit? Nick?

If they are broke, what would you recover?

NACHI has no damages to recover, anyway.

Probably get nothing but we could all be part of whatever is left in bankrupcy. Maybe 10 cents on the dollar. Satisfaction. Jail time for the fraud of contracting with us with no intention of paying? Who knows?

Write it off on your taxes… life goes on…

Ditto

Wow, most people are a little more aggresive when a client stiffs them. As far as taxes go, income never recieved is not taxable. Income never recieved however is not deductable. If it was I’d make sure I got stiffed on several $50,000 inspections every year :slight_smile:

Totally agree, chalk it up as a lesson learned.

It’s sad to see them close up shop. They are a bunch of great people that I enjoyed dealing with. Thankfully I stopped doing inspections with them last winter.

Keith, you would have to be able to prove, without a doubt, that the person that contracted with you and ordered the inspection, knew that the company was closing and that they did not have the funds or potential income to follow through on payment. I don’t think you would actually be able to prove it.

Let me guess - you’re the same guy that sued McDonalds for the “hot pickle” incident! :roll: