Notice to Draw Inspectors... DDN has left the building.

Got word from another draw company that DDN has closed up shop. Too many lawyers…

Dick

From DDN, Due to the continuing decline of the construction markets, government intervention in the foreclosure process, and frivolous lawsuits filed against the company, DDN Services has ceased operations effective today

Dick,
what exactly does a Draw Inspection cover?? New on the block

Got the email today They got me for 2 draws and 3 REOs

Does any body know who is taking over there clients?

I got an email from Draw Request seeking info on the lenders DDN was servicing - they want a list so they can go after them and then call us again - At least someone is trying -
Re-read the email - they are NationwideLoanInspections.com

I do work for Nation Wide. Good company.

Yep Jim at Nationwide is a good guy. He was the one who called me on the way into DC to do an Inspection for DDN.

By the way, a draw inspection is a completion inspection done for banks before they send out money to a builder/owner. The bank and the builder agree on a schedule of work such as foundation, rough-ins, drywall ect. The inspector goes to the site and checks each line item and determines if any work has been done and what %. It is backed up with pictures. Once the inspection is done you go to the inspection company web site and upload the pictures and results. Not real hard but can be tricky with remodels or really big homes.

[FONT=Arial]They knew that they were going broke as of last April. One poor guy just sent in his report this morning and will never see a dime.

Another said that they owe him $2,400.00, another got screwed for over $3,000.00!

See these threads.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/ddn-shuts-down-46125/](http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/ddn-shuts-down-46125/)

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/40-draw-inspection-ddn-digital-draw-network-anyone-make-more-20281/

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/ddn-shuts-door-46122/
[/FONT]

I spoke to Cocamar yesterday and they are trying to pick up any they can find. I work for them Site check and Lease Inspection. They are into me fo about 170.00 so I am not hurting too bad.

Only problem is I can’t figure out from my login who the clients are or I would compile a list

Based on my knowledge, Trinity was the other company of record for one of the large banks that used DDN. I received an inspection this morning from NLI that I had done previously for DDN so the business will not go undone.

Most of us cut out the “Middle Man”.

We go straight to the GC and or the Bank and get paid $225.00 to $150.00 for the same inspection. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great but not all markets are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarrio http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
Most of us cut out the “Middle Man”.

Frank, How could you know that?

We go straight to the GC and or the Bank and get paid $225.00 to $150.00 for the same inspection. :razz:

How do I know this?

As President of the New Hampshire state chapter of NACHI, I have a lot of interaction with inspectors from all parts of the state. :nachi:

Frank don’t be evasive.

You did not answer how you know that “most” inspectors "cut out the middle man"

The reports that DDN turned in to the banks, at least on the commercial side where I did most of my work with them, were completed by engineers and architects. I was paid by DDN anywhere from $185 to $250 per trip (usually twice per month) to complete a checklist and photographs (taking about twenty minutes) that the engineers and architects used for their reports to the bank. Most projects took over 8 months to complete.

I would be inclined to ask any “home inspector” who claims to have been individually contracted by a bank or lender to report on these shopping malls or 7 story office building projects for proof, and I would not take his word without it.

As the president of the New Hampshire state chapter of InterNACI I have a lot of cordial interaction with other members.

• We exchange “marketing ideas” on a regular basis.

For marketing yourself to inspect “shopping centers/huge commercial properties” I suggest that you speak to people like Dale Duffy and “Commercial Inspection Trainer” Mike Nelson who do this on a regular basis!

I luv ya Frank and I guess that is close as I wil get to you admitting you can’t back your statement up.

Perhaps what say is true for NH but I doubt it applies to the rest of the country.

Of course without verifiable data that is JMHO. :wink:

Mikey,
Read this again… It works!:smiley:

Quote:
You can do what I and many others have done.

[FONT=Arial][size=3]The way to cut out the "middleman is to go to your local bank and speak to the “lending / Loan officer” who was in charge of financing construction.

Take them your resume and/or your brochures that show that you are qualified to do these type of inspections.

You will see that the majority will be happy to do business with a “local inspection company” instead of someone who was located halfway across the nation.

As the president of the New Hampshire state chapter of InterNACI I have a lot of cordial interaction with other members.

{Not only in New Hampshire but across the nation.}

• We exchange “marketing ideas” on a regular basis.

For marketing yourself to inspect “shopping centers/huge commercial properties” I suggest that you speak to people like Dale Duffy and “Commercial Inspection Trainer” Mike Nelson who do this on a regular basis!
End Quote:[/size][/FONT]

Good Luck!:stuck_out_tongue:

Franky,

You seem to having some trouble reading.

I think your concept is great and that is not what I was I was asking you to prove.

Your personal experience and feelings do not equate to “MOST”.