Delaware adopts licensing and approves InterNACHI's online courses for pre-licensing.

Gary you have no laws concerning home inspections. They were removed which was probally a good thing being no one in the trades is licensed.
You need to quit thinking that those 3 letters CMI is a magic wand and that Realtors should bow at your feet. It does not work that way, performance is the only magic wand that works. If you were truly the best inspector in KC you would be busy every day hands down.

Someone recently stated something I like. It went something like this.** Its hard to teach someone something when they think they already know it.**

Charlie, that is the problem here. When you do the best job possible, you have a good chance of alarming the home buyer to defects, and the better chance of the buyer walking from a sale. Then, the REA has to find another home, they lose their commissions, the title companies lose their fees, the broker loses a number of sales per month, etc. etc.

I have done inspections for many prominent people, some top attorneys in Missouri and Kansas, engineers for the top engineering firm in the country, etc. REA’s will not use a CMI due to detailed reports that we produce. Over 95% of my business comes from past referrals from other clients. The other 5% comes from the top 1% of agents here in KC. Yes, top agents use top inspectors. Bottom feeders use bottom feeders.

Alarming buyers is all in your mind you need a reality check. Agents don’t loose a sale because someone decides not to buy a particular house the agents just has to go find another house. :wink: BTW what makes you think KC is any different than any other large city